. .
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Eddy. I'm not sure if If it's running at its designed optimum as I have not had time to test it. I ran some code to cut a sign from 6mm mdf last night. Like the photo of the one I have posted here before. It seemed to not miss any steps it cut very clean and quite fast. The sign was about 10inch long and 5inch tall. It had no problems and took about 20 mins, but I only have the plunge set at 1mm so it took 7 trips to complete the final cut out. but that was planed and expected. If you let to know who I should test its performance I will gladly carry that out for you.

I don't know what it's designed to do but it sounds like you are not far away, why not just use the machine as it is until you find your requirements have outgrown it.
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

Quote Originally Posted by amxen View Post
    It seemed to not miss any steps it cut very clean and quite fast. The sign was about 10inch long and 5inch tall. It had no problems and took about 20 mins, but I only have the plunge set at 1mm so it took 7 trips to complete the final cut out.
    To be honest you haven't really defined if the machine is running correctly because your not actually cutting at correct feed rates. 1mm DOC in MDF is hardly a challenge or test. I suspect that if you tried to cut MDF at the correct feeds/speeds/doc then you may get very differant story.

With a Shallow DOC then you really should be running high feeds rates or very low spindle speeds to give any decent tool life. Your setup 99.99% sure won't run the correct feed rates for 1mm DOC without stalling motors and if you increase DOC then chances are it will struggle if it's still not setup correctly. Spindle speeds are about the only thing your in control of and this alone isn't enough.

With MDF then you should be able to cut much deeper and still maintain decent feedrate even with these types of machine. Minimum DOC should be 50% tool diameter and 100% + is common in MDF with carbide tooling. Can't say on feed as don't know what you cut this at but I suspect it will be well short of what it should be.? Minimum feed in MDF would be 2000mm/min and thats with lot deeper DOC IE: 3mm cutter = 6mm or more.!

So just because your cutting doesn't mean the machines working OK. Tool life is something you need to consider and cutting like this will drasticly shorten tool life, esp in MDF. Sharpness of the tool greatly affects finish quality so you very quickly lose finish quality when cutting with wrong feeds/speeds/DOC so it really does pay to spend some time and set the machine up correctly.

Interesting. The supplier is offering a partial refund on the machine. As I told them I was going to put a PayPal claim in . If they do I will up grade what's I need to with the cash they give me back

ok so im still having problems with this thing jamming . So i put a paypal claim in and this is what i got back from paypal

To continue with our investigation, we need documentation to support your
    claim that the item is damaged or significantly not as described.

Please obtain a document from an unbiased third-party, such as a dealer,
    repair shop, appraiser, or another individual or organisation that’s
    qualified in the area of the item in question (other than yourself), which
    details the extent of the damage or clearly explains how the item received
    significantly differs from the item that was advertised.

This document must be on a letterhead that includes the name, address, and
    phone number of the individual, business, or organisation so that we may
    contact them if necessary.

If applicable, the document should include a serial number and description
    of the item and the cost required to complete any necessary repairs.

You can upload this document through your PayPal account. Here’s how:

How an i gonna do that i dont know any one that fixes cnc machines and i cant really post it to some one now can i ?
    Last edited by amxen; 22-09-2014 at 09:26 AM.

hi,

i had same problem as you. the fix for this: The problem not with your setting in mach3 or the driver board.

The problem is the wiring. your wiring need be fix.

1. the wiring a attach to the power supply with tire wraps. That's A NO NO. remove it from power.
    2. In that box, You need use 4 wire shielded cable for each stepper motor, from contoller board to the 4 pin connectors.
    3. You need to put EMI AC filter. remove the one that come this box it's cheap chinese make. You can one on amazon $10 USA made.
    4. You need to use 4 wire shielded with GND wire. 4+GND, For DC power. 2x red/2x blk plus shielded wire for GND.
    Don't get confuse with the AC Ground wire and DC Ground, They must be separated.

5. And Most important (REMOVE) VFD from Box, This VFD is **Shielded** attach to outside with plastic mounts. No metal contact between VFD and Box Controller.

6. The stepper motor cable's from Box to stepper motor MUST be shielded cable 4pin wire + shielded GND.

I did this my 6040 and has been work 100%

Good Luck.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread Information