. .
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Get yourself a centre punch set. Select the exact punch size for the clearance hole and punch through to mark for the 4.2mm drill. Use a clamp in one side whilst punching the other so it doesn't move....simples. Punch set is about £13 + delivery I think.
    Last edited by njhussey; 17-12-2015 at 02:54 PM.
    Neil...

Build log...here

Lives in Coalville, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 18 Hours Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 89. Received thanks 1 times, giving thanks to others 3 times.
    Hey gents

Brilliant thank you very much for the tips. Unfortunately I don't have access to a lathe although the occasional eBay search has been done . I thought I might be able to achieve a similar creation by glueing some washers together in a stack on a plate to keep it all true. I have seen that people also put taps into the drill press and do it this way that I thought may be worth a try.

Quote Originally Posted by grain_r View Post
    Hey gents

Brilliant thank you very much for the tips. Unfortunately I don't have access to a lathe although the occasional eBay search has been done . I thought I might be able to achieve a similar creation by glueing some washers together in a stack on a plate to keep it all true. I have seen that people also put taps into the drill press and do it this way that I thought may be worth a try.
    I've used a drill press to keep the tap straight whilst hand tapping....is that what you mean?
    Neil...

Build log...here

Lives in Coalville, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 18 Hours Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 89. Received thanks 1 times, giving thanks to others 3 times.
    Hey Neil

Yes just to keep it straight really and manually turning the drill. although press the button and you have your own indoor heli.

Just an addition to the problem of zinc and welding :-
    I use brick acid to take off the zinc. If you can't get self colour nuts then dip your nuts in brick acid Take them out when they stop fizzing and rinse them.

Happy holiday,

Rob

Hey Rob

Thanks very much for that. I will have a look for brick acid. I haven't heard of that before I guess it is for cleaning mortar from bricks so I will have a look at the builders for it ? I saw a video recently that Ron covell uses some acid to do that too. I did look for the weld nuts in a larger size for the CNC feet but I think I will use the acid instead.

Thank you very much.

http://www.wickes.co.uk/Wickes-Brick...er-5L/p/153779

Vicious stuff, keep it away from your skin.

Quote Originally Posted by cropwell View Post
    http://www.wickes.co.uk/Wickes-Brick...er-5L/p/153779

Vicious stuff, keep it away from your skin.
    That's Cat piss for brick acid it's only 5% active our Chip shop Vinagar is stronger than that. . . . . . Good Hydrochrolic brick Acid is 28% now that will make your tongue curl.!!

Oh and fumes from Hydro Acid are just bad if not worse than those from Galv so be careful.!!
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 17-12-2015 at 09:59 PM.

Wow It all sounds like an outside job then. and if I ever don't want fingerprints there's the stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by grain_r View Post
    Wow It all sounds like an outside job then. and if I ever don't want fingerprints there's the stuff.
    Def outside job with mask plus eye protection. The fumes from Acid are just has bad the stuff it's self so be careful.

Oh and You wan't Sulphuric acid to get rid of Finger prints! . . I can let you have some if you like. .

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread Information