. .

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hello All.
    I'm certainly learning a lot as I read through the posts so thank you very much to the people that answer the questions but also ask the questions that I don't even know I want to ask.

I have come up with my design in sketch Up after finding I can't yet work out Autocad 3d (Although I guess it will come along as I progress)

I haven't as yet finalised my design but thought I would just see if you guys think that I am on the correct approach for my needs

I was a little silly and bought the rails and screws as a kit but i'm happy with the quality of everything I would have probably gone larger but it has its own problems so i'm going to use what I have.

at the moment the design is to use 50x50 Box section with the option of using 100x100 as the top for the rails and the screw next to each other. but I'm not sure whether I really need this ?

The bed is movable for creating a movable table for other things than sheet material and mould making. but I have capped the ends to that I don't have to use the bed as strength as much. It could be an issues if I put long material in but think I'm OK.

I'm using SBR20 rails for everything and SFU1605 screws all round

The project plan is to be able to cut a range of materials from Perspex , Wood & Aluminium, I also want the ability to end mill which is why the rails go right to the front of the machine giving the option to clamp to the frame but still working on that.

The plan is to use a 2.2kw Water cooling system and haven't really though what electronics to go fo as yet but thought I would see the weight of the machine first.

I think Sand in the box section is likely to dampen down any vibrations

I have made the gantry wider than the rails because I didn't think when I ordered the rails that I would be loosing some for the actual plates (Which is why I would have gone bigger)

The rails are 1100mm x 600mm x 280

I have put a design that I think I'm on the right road with but before I get too far thought I would ask you kind people if I am in the right road or if things should be changed ?

I thought I would put this as a build log because it will turn into one sooner or later anyway.

Thanks for looking

Rob Grain
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SteelCNC.jpg 
Views:	5999 
Size:	233.7 KB 
ID:	13452  

Thread Information