Hey Jazz
Thanks for the design, so if the parts missing at the bottom it doesn't get any-more twist of the table when in use ? or is the sheeting around it structural and stops this. I love the slider system I have been thinking that it would be not the easiest to lift the bed and get the bolts in, I imagine its just watch your fingers time as you take the last bolt out. your design is very much more evolved most certainly. and I love that there is space still underneath, Would you mind if I use your example I feel bad not making the design myself although I will change it to suit.

I'm sorry to ask so many questions but on the bracing does this have to be specific dimensions e.g. a true triangle for the strength like 45 degrees or just has to look correct. i'm not sure how easy it would be to make it belt driven the only think I can think of is to put the motor on the bottom of the bed and then use a pretty long belt in a 'v' shaping. I see the gantry uses ali extrusion I imagine I would still be better to use the box section for my design.

Thanks very much for the help.

Thanks

Rob