. .

Thread: power supply

I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction, I purchased a 4 axis cnc stepper motor TA8435H driver board mach 2 3 from ebay, I'm sorry but I don't know how to create links. The power is supplied I assume by a 12V DC Power Supply 4 Amp 12 Volt Adapter LCD CB 4A. The connection as it comes will not fit, can anyone advise me as to what I need to do to supply power to this board. my electrical knowledge extends to wiring plugs. Any help will be much appreciated.

Kip,
    I am amazed that you are able to find answers so quick, thankyou for taking the time,
    would you be able to pinpoint a suitable power supply that would work, and how to connect it to the board as the connections on these power supplys are not a straight fit. by the way, you are lucky to have such a clever wife.

It needs a 12-24v 6a & 5v 1a, You could use a PC ATX supply as this will give you both 12 & 5v with more than enough current (cheap as chips 2!), and pretty safe for a "not so electical person" to work with.

Search the posts for PC or ATX power supply as there has been a few good explanations on how to do this in the last 48 hours.

However not all drivers like working at the lower power input range in which case I would go for a 20v 6a laptop charger off ebay for about £13 and a either a 5v regulator for 5v bus or a seperate "plug in" 5v adapter for the control bus.

Michael.

4. Quote Originally Posted by hitmythumb View Post
    Kip,
    I am amazed that you are able to find answers so quick, thankyou for taking the time,
    would you be able to pinpoint a suitable power supply that would work, and how to connect it to the board as the connections on these power supplys are not a straight fit. by the way, you are lucky to have such a clever wife.
    looking at the 'manual' Kip found it would appear that the 5v is a plug-in unit (but its not clear what size socket it is, 2.1mm or 2.5mm or a strange one) and the 12/24v is a flying lead. What is on the power supplies that were supplied?

Thumb, if you click here you can find the information your looking for with regards to posting links on the site.
    .Me

Quote Originally Posted by Hemsworthlad View Post
    Lee. . . . Think this seller should be put(linked) some where others can find him as well, seems ok to me!!!
    No problem mate your welcome to submit your findings in the FAQ section/forum for others. I think diycnc.co.uk also sell these kinds of psu's.
    .Me

Hi guys

I have the 5 axis version and did a lot of checking on this board before i bought it. There is no need for a separate supply as it takes the 5v from the main input. i am using 3 x 24v at 4.2 amp switch mode supplies i bought off Ebay in parallel (£7.99 each plus p&p). These have voltage adjusters on board so i could set them up before plugging them together. I found that by looking at how they show you to set it up in Mach 3 was the best indication for translating the manual. I hve only plugged 1 stepper in so far just to check it worked with EMC2 and it is fine.

Thanks

Paul

Thread Information