. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Don't go crazy on the length keep it to the minimum you need.! . . . Long wires mean longer more receptive/conductive antenna.!!
    I was planning on relocating the control box and PC next to the table rather than under it. so perhaps a couple of meters difference..
    Thanks for you guidance, much appreciated.

Dan

2. Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    1.5mm/2 for steppers and for signals to drives, limits etc then 0.75 or0.5mm/2 will be enough. You could also use shielded Cat5 cable which as 8 wires in twisted pairs which is good to use in the control box to cut down on wire runs.
    Use CY cable. Never use CAT5 cable for anything that moves regularly unless it's flexible patch cable. Normal CAT5 cable will work harden and fracture.

Quote Originally Posted by irving2008 View Post
    Use CY cable. Never use CAT5 cable for anything that moves regularly unless it's flexible patch cable. Normal CAT5 cable will work harden and fracture.
    Irving if you read again you'll see I say use Cat5 in the control box and 1.5mm/2 and 0.75mm/2 for steppers, limits etc he knows he needs shielded so that didn't need saying.

4. Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Irving if you read again you'll see I say use Cat5 in the control box and 1.5mm/2 and 0.75mm/2 for steppers, limits etc he knows he needs shielded so that didn't need saying.
    Hi Dean, sorry to be picky cos I know what you meant but I think if you read what you wrote again its somewhat ambiguous IMHO to others who may be less knowledgeable.

1.5mm/2 for steppers and for signals to drives, limits etc then 0.75 or0.5mm/2 will be enough. You could also use shielded Cat5 cable which as 8 wires in twisted pairs which is good to use in the control box to cut down on wire runs
    "You could also..." implies an alternative to the previous statement. If you'd said " In the control box you could also...." or " which is good to use but only in the control box" then I'd agree with you 100%. :)
    Last edited by irving2008; 12-10-2014 at 05:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by irving2008 View Post
    "You could also..." implies an alternative to the previous statement. If you'd said " In the control box you could also...." or " which is good to use but only in the control box" then I'd agree with you 100%. :)
    Erm yes you are being picky and on reading again I Do and Don't agree.!! If you read it like this like it was meant.
    1.5mm/2 for steppers and for signals to drives, limits etc then 0.75 or0.5mm/2 will be enough. You could also use shielded Cat5 cable which as 8 wires in twisted pairs which is good to use in the control box to cut down on wire runs.
    Then it's clear I meaning to be only used for signal wires which Cat5 can safely be used out side the machine as often Limits, homes and e-stop are often fixed so don't move.!. . . YES you could get more picky and say some travel but come on how far do you go wiping folks arse's they have to employ some common sense.?

I will thou agree that I should have clarified about not using on cables moving or said use CY for moving cables. SO SORRY FOLKS LET ME CLARIFY
    !!! DONT USE CAT5 FOR MOVING CABLES !!!!! ALWAYS USE CY CABLE !!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information