Quote Originally Posted by charlieuk View Post
many thanks for that the dust mite was what i was looking at using, how did it perform with foam? i was worried very light foam may stay airborne and just run all the way to the vacuum? do you think the cyclone drops the power of the vacuum? is your henry have the high and low settings?

best regards charlie
Charlie, It performed well with the foam, I didn't find any traces in Henry anyway. My first machine was used 90% for cutting foam sheets (EPP and Styrene) over a 5 year period, I know how messy it can be! I would think it would work well for your purpose provided you can keep the vacuum inlet fairly close to your foam.

The cyclone has no noticeable difference on the power of the vacuum. I've got one of the newer Henry's with the Hi-Low setting switch and rarely switch it to full power. I imagine on your machine you're going to have quite a distance of plumbing between the inlet/dustshoe and the cyclone. I'm not sure if this distance has an effect on the suction. I do know that smooth walled pipe will give you better flow than ribbed hoses.

You may want to consider earthing the plumbing too. Mine creates quite a bit of static and makes my hair stand on end if I lean over the bed on my machine lol.

Dean, I wasn't sure whether Clive was setting me or you up, or whether he was having a 'senior moment' :p It's probably just payback as you were a day late getting to his place cos of me lol.