. .
    Hi all

I hope someone here can help !

I bought a Boxford 190 VMC and was working well on the old software (DOS) that it came with, its the dead old floppy discs.
    For whatever reason I set the config to defaults as I thought it would give me a fresh start with tools settings etc.

Now it wont let me configure the machine/software and I get these error messages.

'Normal users cannot change these settings' and 'Configuration set to no machine connected'

Its doing me in ! ive only had th machine a couple of days and after a couple of successful cuts its now Kapput !

Can anyone help please ?

Thank you

Carl

No One ??

I think the software is set like that to stop students from making changes that they shouldnt. I need a MS DOS expert to guide me to make the right changes so that I can configure the machine.

As I mentioned before, the thing was working fine till I hit the set to default !!! arrrgghh. why !!

Anyone, please. dying to get going here

Thank you

Carl

Quote Originally Posted by Gasgasbones View Post
    Hi all

I hope someone here can help !

I bought a Boxford 190 VMC and was working well on the old software (DOS) that it came with, its the dead old floppy discs.
    For whatever reason I set the config to defaults as I thought it would give me a fresh start with tools settings etc.

Now it wont let me configure the machine/software and I get these error messages.

'Normal users cannot change these settings' and 'Configuration set to no machine connected'

Its doing me in ! ive only had th machine a couple of days and after a couple of successful cuts its now Kapput !

Can anyone help please ?

Thank you

Carl

Last edited by EddyCurrent; 17-10-2014 at 08:24 PM.
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

Yes, I emailed them but have had no response as yet.

Quote Originally Posted by EddyCurrent View Post

Last edited by EddyCurrent; 17-10-2014 at 08:48 PM.
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

Lives in Portsmouth, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 27-10-2014 Has been a member for 7-8 years. Has a total post count of 1.
    I have the windows version of the software and you need to be using the software at "Administrator" level to get at and change the setup and calibration. The user level can be set into Admin mode by settings/user/administrator.

I have the e-manual for the windows software if you need it.

Jon

Thread Information