. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    a Boxford VMC 190 to Mach 3 for me.
    I simply havent got a clue with electrics and electronics !!

Cash job

Please let me know.

Thank you

Carl
    Last edited by Gasgasbones; 18-10-2014 at 11:21 AM.

Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

We can help you do this no problem. It's not rocket science or even electronics, it's mostly just wiring and with the right kit it's easy done.
    You'll also benifit from knowing your machine electronics intimatly if a fault should ever arise and you'll be working again quicker and cheaper.

Does the VMC have auto toolchanger.?

Great stuff, thank you.

Nope, no tool changer at all.

Im happy giving it a go but im totally new to this so I dont know what to order, where to order from, how it all fits etc !

Carl

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    We can help you do this no problem. It's not rocket science or even electronics, it's mostly just wiring and with the right kit it's easy done.
    You'll also benifit from knowing your machine electronics intimatly if a fault should ever arise and you'll be working again quicker and cheaper.

Does the VMC have auto toolchanger.?

Cheer Eddie

I like the guys set up. Id like mine to end up like that i think !

Quote Originally Posted by EddyCurrent View Post

One step at a time. First lets find out exactly what's making it tick now then we know what you need or don't need.?
    Can you take some good quality pictures of the inside of the electrical cabinet and also the motors etc. Try to spot any labels or manufacturer details etc.

With a little luck you may only need to change a few parts to be working under Mach3 control.

Pictures added

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    One step at a time. First lets find out exactly what's making it tick now then we know what you need or don't need.?
    Can you take some good quality pictures of the inside of the electrical cabinet and also the motors etc. Try to spot any labels or manufacturer details etc.

With a little luck you may only need to change a few parts to be working under Mach3 control.
    Last edited by Gasgasbones; 18-10-2014 at 11:49 AM. Reason: added pictures

Please let me know if you need anything more specific

Last edited by Gasgasbones; 18-10-2014 at 11:56 AM.

Ok leave me with this to digest a little as i've never done one of these and I'll find out what's what and I'll come back. Got a handle on most of what's in there but not sure about a couple things.?

i2i is the man for these so would be helpful if he popped along.

If anyone knows what the Small green board next to Blue Cap does then speak up.!

Also whats on the front of the machine regards controls etc and what's being controlled externally IE: coolant, air etc because there a few relays in there so they must be switching something on/off.

Can you take a closer and clear picture of the circuit board with 3 black heat sinks on. This will be the driver board I would think. The one under it will be the controller which talked to the BBC computer which will be replaced with a new board running Mach3.

The white box is spindle speed controller and we will reuse this and control from the breakout board with spindle control built in.

The rest of the stuff Transformer etc will be re-used.

Is it some sort of I/O board? The Dallas Speed chip seems to point in that direction.

http://www.keil.com/dd/chip/2975.htm

And it looks like the ribbon cable from it goes to the controller board
    Last edited by IanS1; 18-10-2014 at 03:27 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information