. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I am back on this again after having to change to a new pc that is windows 8.1 64bit. The driver on zapps page does not work for windows 8. gary has sent me a new driver however I cant seam to find or figer out what it is I need to down load, there is no setup file or auto run that I can seam to figure out? I can forward the file he sent if anyone can help me and take a look.

ps it is the z-tek usb to 232 cable I am using.

many thanks

What is the filename ? including the file extension after the dot.
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

that's kind of the problem I cant find anything that resembles the right sort of file, no exe or auto run type thing. could I forward you what he sent me?

many thanks

yes, do that
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

I have been trying to figure out the USB to Serial interface for work and it is a strange tale...
    If I have this right, Windows sorted out the serial ports with Vista and recognised a usb2.0 adapter so everything was hunky dory.
    If you used the Chinese driver it loaded 10 virtual serial ports that never went away and gave you no clue which one was actually there. You really want the American GatesWaredriver, it makes it so easy.
    Then USB3.0 came out and Windows stopped recognising serial adapters again.
    Until Windows software catches up with USB3.0 hardware you could be well advised to stick with USB2.0 hardware.
    For reference, every USB device has a unique number ID. Windows fetches that ID and the searches for a definition file whose name is essentially that number. This makes it tricky for a user to tell Windows to impose the USB2.0 driver on a USB3.0 device, even if the computer only has USB2.0 hardware ports and it would work easy peasy. The two devices are distinct and appear incompatible.

I have managed to sort it with a different driver that Garry sent over, I'm not sure were it came from but it seamed to work without having to do any like I had to the first time round.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information