. .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    yes thats right it was that page i was looking at and then i went into it to to try and load the driver and yes that is the one i used. The cable did come with a cd but to much was in chinese(literally) to understand what i needed to do.

many thanks for the help

i think im making some progress i have un rard the file and have done the auto run selected the windows 7 version then the i386 folder then i get lost there is a list that comes up with things like ftbusui.dll and ftser2k.sys and not sure what i need to chose? there is one described as usb serial property page provider?

There was a install manual but it doesn't seam to be relevant to the auto run?

omg i think i may have done it i scraped the auto run and tried it again following the install manual and it made a lot more sence even if im not 100% or even 20% sure what i did i now have the cable on com.3 and pro tune open. It probably should have taken 5 min and tock me hours and hours but for me thats some achievement when it comes to computers! no just to figer pro tune out
    Last edited by charlieuk; 21-10-2014 at 11:44 AM.

Spot on, go forth and cut !
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

I am back on this again after having to change to a new pc that is windows 8.1 64bit. The driver on zapps page does not work for windows 8. gary has sent me a new driver however I cant seam to find or figer out what it is I need to down load, there is no setup file or auto run that I can seam to figure out? I can forward the file he sent if anyone can help me and take a look.

ps it is the z-tek usb to 232 cable I am using.

many thanks

What is the filename ? including the file extension after the dot.
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

that's kind of the problem I cant find anything that resembles the right sort of file, no exe or auto run type thing. could I forward you what he sent me?

many thanks

Thread Information