. .
    can anyone advice me on if ive made right choice.
    Ive just got everything for my cnc to get it running, its a Basic 540 cnc machine. Ive also just ordered a kress 1050 watt spindle and as well as some drill bits. link for drill bits is http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2911850738...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Would this spindle be too much for the machine? as in would it lead to a waste of power where the full output is not utilized due to the small size of the machine .

also is the drill bits perfect for cutting 2D shapes and also for the roughing process of work pieces of 300mm by 200mm say.

thanks in advance

Why would you order then ask us.? . . . . I don't get this way of doing things.!!

Whats a 540 machine.?
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 20-10-2014 at 08:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Whats a 540 machine.?
    Think it's this;
    http://en.step-four.at/hp2/index.php?action=1482
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

Quote Originally Posted by EddyCurrent View Post
    Really.!!! . . . There should be a Law against cruelty to CNC. . .

The kress 1050 might be overkill for this machine but it should still be okay if it fits on. I don't know if the box controls it or you plug it straight into the mains, if it's the box you'd better check it can supply the required amps for that spindle before giving it a go.
    The cutters should do what you want.
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

Kress goes straight in to mains.

Don't over tighten the Kress in the spindle mount otherwise you'll kill the bearings.!!
    Lightly Nip up in the mount then start the spindle(without cutter) and then start tightening while listening. If it starts changing tone your over tightening.!

Mostly I consider the Kress a Toy but for this machine then agree with eddy it's overkill so will be ok.
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 20-10-2014 at 10:14 PM.

yes i thought it might be. reason i bought that one was so i could remove it and put it on a larger table i hope to build later on, and sell on the basic 540. spindle is arriving tomorrow so i will listen out while tightining mount. thanks jazzcnc

Thread Information