. .
    I have bought, for a song, 4 x two-metre lengths of legacy Hiwin LGR20C linear rails.
    I gather the current 4-row HG-Series replaced this now obsolete 2-row LG-Series in 2008-ish.
    The bought rails are still in the original if torn plastic wrapping but have some surface rust in some spots, so if I can somehow find bearing blocks, I would spruce the rails up using electrolysis as recommended by <Swarfing> and implemented by <kingcreaky> and described at http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/6166-...uisition/page2
    However they are useless to me unless I can get hold of some matching bearing blocks.
    Anyone have any new or used LGH20 or LGW20 blocks they would like to sell?
    Or know of any place that might still have New Old Stock?
    I’d obviously cover freight from UK to Oz as well.
    Or am I chasing old technology needlessly.
    Thanks,
    Andy
    Last edited by AndyGuid; 22-10-2014 at 10:46 AM.

Here in the US, Automation Overstock has been selling these legacy items for about 5 years now. I purchased 8 LGW20 blocks about 2 years ago, and they only had a few left then. I just got two 3m lengths of rail delivered yesterday to go with the blocks I have. Unless you can find some on Ebay, I don't think you'll have much luck.

Looks like someone just sold 4 two weeks ago.
    http://www.befr.ebay.be/itm/HIWIN-LM...item2c8810c4a1
    Gerry

Mach3 2010 Screenset

JointCAM - CAM for Woodworking Joints

Thanks Gerry.
    I found Automation Overstock via googling but, as you suggest, they are all out of stuff for the LG-series although they still have some stuff for the AG-series.
    Am now trying to get LGH20 blocks from China... Maybe not Hiwin original but so long as they work it'll save me a packet.
    I will use these old rails only for the long axis of my build. I notice that the docs reckon that the HG-series better accomodates installation error, so as a novice I hope that I'm not creating problems for myself using the LG-series? My build will be using self-levelling epoxy.
    You are so lucky being in the US... Virtually everything readily available and reasonable postage too! Downunder everything costs the earth!
    Andy
    Last edited by AndyGuid; 23-10-2014 at 03:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyGuid View Post
    .......................... and reasonable postage too!

I paid $170 shipping for my 3m rails. The price of the two rails was $468 - 35% shipping.
    (This of course was due to the length)
    Gerry

Mach3 2010 Screenset

JointCAM - CAM for Woodworking Joints

Quote Originally Posted by Ger21 View Post
    I paid $170 shipping for my 3m rails. The price of the two rails was $468 - 35% shipping.
    (This of course was due to the length)
    Ok, I take that back.

Lives in Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 30-03-2023 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 491. Received thanks 71 times, giving thanks to others 29 times.
    Have a look at this link:

http://tjcsljxpt.machine365.com/General/D5167832.shtml

It's in Chinese, but there is an 'ask price' button which allows you to send a message.

Okay, you don't speak/write Chinese, but hey - it's worth a shot dropping them a line in English, surely..? You might get lucky.

Wal.

Quote Originally Posted by Wal View Post
    Have a look at this link:

http://tjcsljxpt.machine365.com/General/D5167832.shtml

It's in Chinese, but there is an 'ask price' button which allows you to send a message.

Okay, you don't speak/write Chinese, but hey - it's worth a shot dropping them a line in English, surely..? You might get lucky.

Wal.
    Translated to English; http://translate.google.co.uk/transl...0%26bih%3D1076
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

Lives in Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 30-03-2023 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 491. Received thanks 71 times, giving thanks to others 29 times.
    Ahhhhhhh...

It's a Silver Slider..!

Wal.

Hi

I might actually have some of these - let me check and get back to you.....

Thread Information