. .
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I think i may need a few extra idlers in the middle between the two x ball screws at the back.

I got home yesterday to a card from parcelforce, so I think my hiwin bearing blocks are here. :)

I have removed this post and already placed to the right thread
    Last edited by vargai; 05-12-2014 at 08:40 AM. Reason: not suit

Hi i just use printscreen and rezize it in photoshop.
    With regards to the z axis i have cut a slot in the two plates for clearance. I suggest you open a design thread and ask the guys to give your design the once over before you go to far.

Trev

Thanks, Z axis principle is well documented here, this is just detail issue,
    just I want to pick up all the evident or earlier discussed information
    I will do my best with the design but have some definite ideas
    As soon I have finished I will open the thread. You are right: design modification is much cheaper than re machining.
    BR
    István

Hi guys, well my Hiwin blocks have arrived. Ive ordered my ball screws now as i know the main dimensions are not going to change.

This is my idea for a bed, it will be a box as im going to be running suds. The bed can be raised and then bolted to the uprights to keep it in position.
    Im going to order the hiwin rail next. I know ive got the FK bearings back to front, but can they be mounted this way? The only reason im looking to mount them this way is if i mount them the normal way im wondering if it will push the pully to far out to line up with the pully on the stepper motor.

Trev

JazzCnc are inductive proximity switches accurate enough to use as home and limit switches? Ive used magnetic hall probes in the past but never there.

Also would 3mm plate be strong enough for my cutting bed box with a 10mm drilled mounting plate installed in the bottom or shoul I make the box out of 5mm sheet?

Thanks Trev

Quote Originally Posted by Gotty101 View Post
    JazzCnc are inductive proximity switches accurate enough to use as home and limit switches? Ive used magnetic hall probes in the past but never there.
    Yes they are very accurate see the vid I made.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotty101 View Post
    Also would 3mm plate be strong enough for my cutting bed box with a 10mm drilled mounting plate installed in the bottom or shoul I make the box out of 5mm sheet?
    Well if it's just box to contain coolant then yes will be fine but if your thinking to mount cutting bed in there and hang like the drawing suggests then NO WAY will it be strong enough.
    To be honest when I first seen the drawing I wondered if you had in mind to put the cutting bed in the bottom of that box and dismissed it that you wouldn't be doing that but now I'm not so sure.! . . . . So which is it.?

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

Hi JAZCNC, Thanks for the vid, was a great help.

With regards to the bed, yes the actual cutting bed is mounted in the bottom of the box.
    So i think i need to go back to the drawing board, i got the idea from the post by biketrialsdave of the red CNC.
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/5549-...rials%29/page9
    From the looks of it though maybe i should build the box frame in steal box section with a thick base and then mount the bed to that?
    Im sure ive seen a blue machine with a similar design.

There is a nice idea by Jonathan on this post here http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/6484-...strong-machine 14th picture down on the left

Thanks again

Trev

Doesn't need anything too fancy Just make a strong frame which fastens to main frame and sit bed on it then surround bed with sealed sides and it won't be any issue but just hanging the bed inside the box will make it resonate and vibrate like crazy when cutting.

Would also use thicker than 10mm Ali for the bed 15/16mm minimum 20/25 better.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information