. .
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Argh but you have no excuse Mr hussey because you were pre-warned. .
    I know, I know....I've no excuse....
    Neil...

Build log...here

Nice control box certainly a credit to you, brill
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    Nice control box certainly a credit to you, brill
    Yes I agree with Clive and forgot to comment, well done mate. I did see one thing thou Trev to be careful with.? Tie rapping those signal cables together isn't a good idea.
    I'm not saying undo them now but if you have any strange happenings when working, like twitchy motors etc then go straight there and remove them.

Thank you for the kind messages.

Ive just got some minor thing and the main build is over, then i would like to work on sheilds for the rails and screws, although im currently moving my stuff about as im moving out of my house on the 10th of jan and in to my new one some time in early march.

I had a few problems setting up the z axis last night where it would trip the stall alarm if it was moved quick. In the end i manually tuned the z axis pid current settings and it works a treat now, and tonight ive setup the soft limits and played about a bit. One thing is can you make soft limits default on at all?

Thanks for the heads up JAZZCNC, ive ran all the internal signal cables in belden shielded cable (all the gray wires), and all the signals out of the box are also shielded.
    I have installed an EMI filter on the VFD power feed and a EMI filter on the Stepper supply feed. I know its OTT but i wanted to be sure and thought i may as well while i was working on it.

One thing ive been looking at is the vistacnc p4-se mpg which looks quite good, does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks again for all your help and support, it could not have been done with out your help and support.

Trev

Hi guys,

Just an update to say im still alive and have not given up, ive finally moved into my house fully a few days ago, and managed to do some work on the cnc. One of the home sensors was faulty so i swapped that out and its running a basic g code file (although not cutting anything yet) fine. In the file i have though it starts with a tool change request, but the spindle carry on running. Is this because i need to code the macro for the M command?
    It homes and has softlimits so it does not hit the stop no matter what prox switches, the estop circuit works as planned.

Ive got to plumb up the pump for the spindle coolent, the touch probe, front estop button and the mist coolant and we should be done.... Although ive started drawing up my 4th axis that will use a harmonic drive.
    Other than the list above, i guess i need to learn to use it now, but on question is how do i know if ive got the motor tuning right is there any guide or advice?

Kind Regards

Trev

Nice to see you back on again Trev.

In the file i have though it starts with a tool change request, but the spindle carry on running. Is this because i need to code the macro for the M command
    Not sure what you are saying here but the spindle should start using a M3 and then to stop it use a M5.

If you post the gcode file up then it could be checked.

Beautiful machine by the way I think you should put it in the hall of fame http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10066...inished+builds
    so that others can see it and get inspiration .
    Last edited by Clive S; 12-08-2016 at 09:39 AM.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Hi Clive,

Thanks for the reply and the kind words. Yes the spindle starts and stops using the M commands. It may be the test gcode file i found on the net, ill upload it when i get home. I had read that the tool change macro is empty so you implement it yourself, which may be the issue and just a matter of telling the spindle to stop and start again when you say you have changed the tool.

I will post it into the gallery once ive finished tidying it up and fitted the last bits. I cant wait to have a play with it :D

Trev

Are you using Mach3? I seem to remember a configuration setting somewhere that specifies action on tool change, and one possibility was, in effect, "do nothing".

There is a check box as I had the same problem, Jazz told me about it and voilą the M6 codes worked....not near the router now so can't remember exactly where the option was....
    Neil...

Build log...here

Quote Originally Posted by njhussey View Post
    There is a check box as I had the same problem, Jazz told me about it and voilą the M6 codes worked....not near the router now so can't remember exactly where the option was....
    That would be in General Config. See pic

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wait.png 
Views:	219 
Size:	319.5 KB 
ID:	19011

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread Information