. .
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    The Csmio-Ip-M isn't ideal for slaved motors as it will only home to one switch not two.
    It's a great controller(I use one) and IMO the Cslabs stuff are best by some margin but the IP-M as only just had slaved motor capabilty added and last I looked they haven't yet made it home to independant switches on same axis.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

Thanks Dean, im intending to drive both x axis screws by a belt so I should be able to save the 4th output for a 4th axis later on.
    Last edited by Gotty101; 29-01-2015 at 08:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotty101 View Post
    Thanks Dean, im intending to drive both x axis screws by a belt so I should be able to save the 4th output for a 4th axis later on.
    No brainer then get the IP-M.!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

Thats great, ill get it ordered. Thanks

Hi Gotty,

Fantastic work on the design or build. I had started designing my own before finding this thread and it looks quite similar to your design. Actually it looks as if I had almost copied yours. I swear I did not. There are two major differences; first I decided to order a Z axis from Parker (404XR) and I'd like to make the base out of extrusion profiles.

Are you going to share your plans for the gantry parts or are they closed? I would be interested in replicating most of your machine on this side of the Atlantic for my personal use would that be a possibility?

Also any progress since your last post?

Thanks,
    Sébastien

Hello all,

Sorry for such a delay in my response, ive been quite busy with work, GF and other hobbies/projects. So i thought i would post a short update of where i currently am.

Ive got the machince properly mounted on the frame (epoxy leveled) and the steel is currently being painted Hammerite blue. Its not shown on the pics but its got all the brackets for the energy chain ect now, and ive turned some fittings that will take 4mm festo connectors for greasing the hiwin blocks and ball screws.

ive built my own psu, and integrated a pre made soft-start into it, it has relays that control the cap drain resistor (overkill i know) and the high voltage.

So now im currently wiring up my cab, ive done the schematic and tonight did the wires to the drives (there is space for the 4th axis when i get round to that) Ill insulate the terminals on the caps before i finish the cab wiring.

Trev

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Gotty101 For This Useful Post:

Looking good Trev!!!
    Neil...

Build log...here

Thanks Neil, im really looking forward to getting it moving.

Trev

It's a good feeling getting it moving....ive just got to get mine so it stops if I cock up.....
    Neil...

Build log...here

Arent these drives too stuck together ? Give them 1-2 cm apart so they could breathe
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread Information