. .
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks Jazz, ive just redrawn the lower frame and the bed but just need to finish a few bits before i post any more pics up. Ive ordered the prox sensors.

Thanks

Trev

Hi Jazz, ive redrawn the bed its now 20mm thick with a box thats 25x50 surrounding it.

Better but will be difficult to achieve and be good enough. Far simpler to just make box section frame and sit the Bed on top then just use Thin sheet to make a surround for containing coolant.
    Also how you going to drain and filter and remove coolant/chips because that box will soon fill up with chips/coolant.?

Hi Jazz, thanks for the reply. Ive altered it and hopefully im getting there. I am planning on using thin aluminium angle to build up a shallow surround. Im planning on using mist cooling and not flood.

With regards to electronics what kind of steppers do you think this cnc will eventually require would it need the 3.1nm or 4nm stepper, only reason im asking is to check the stepper space that ive got for the z axis stepper?
    http://www.cnc4you.co.uk/CNC-Kits/Di...3.1Nm-x-3-Axis

Hi Jazz, does that look ok, the t slot plate will be bolted directly to the adjustable steel frame. Then gutters can be added to the steel frame if im going to be running coolant or not, these will be just aluminium angle.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotty101 View Post
    Hi Jazz, does that look ok, the t slot plate will be bolted directly to the adjustable steel frame. Then gutters can be added to the steel frame if im going to be running coolant or not, these will be just aluminium angle.
    Yes but personally I'd have the rectangle cross pieces vertical so they provide more strength against deflection. Have a Flat base frame then sit Aluminium onto it then just make thin sheet surround which fastens into sides of ali plate.

Thanks again Jazz, ill update it. I cant wait to start the build, especially when you look at the build logs on here.

Trev

Well small update, ive started building the top part of the CNC with alot of help from a close family friend.
    Here is a few pics of the progress.

Starting work on the spindle brackets

Main gantry uprights and bearing plates

Gantry bearing blocks

George and i on the Miller building the spindle plate.

With regards to the steppers for the machine, would the 4nm or 3.1nm steppers be best? Im im thinking 4nm ones from cnc4you and am882 for the drivers. I wont get the drivers yet as i dont require them just yet.

Trev
    Last edited by Gotty101; 26-12-2014 at 03:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotty101 View Post
    With regards to the steppers for the machine, would the 4nm or 3.1nm steppers be best? Im im thinking 4nm ones from cnc4you and am882 for the drivers. I wont get the drivers yet as i dont require them just yet.

Trev
    Looking nice so far, it's great when the action starts. I used those stepper motors and the AM882's, they work great but you might want to look at the updated drivers, the EM806; http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/8249-...5162#post65162
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

I was disappointed to see the discussion about steppers - from the earlier pictures, I had hoped that this would be the first steam-powered CNC machine!

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information