Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1
    I've been itching for a while to have a dabble with 3D printing and with Christmas coming I might treat myself to a RapRap Ormerod 2 kit. I really don't have an application for this at the moment, it's more of a play thing.
    .
    Anyone tried the Ormerod 2?
    .
    Anything else in the same price range I should be looking at?

  2. #2
    I'm thinking of buying one of these too but the original Ormerod didn't get great reviews. I'll be waiting a while to see how people get on with them first, as it's not long been out.

    If you do decide to buy, then please keep us posted!

  3. #3
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

  4. #4
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by IanS1 View Post
    Anything else in the same price range I should be looking at?
    The Mendel90 still looks a good machine (dibond version). It looks a lot more rigid than my RepRapPro Mendel and easier to get set up square.

    http://reprap.org/wiki/Mendel90

  6. #6
    I've been looking into the Mendel90 too. This might be the one I go for. Most build reviews seem to be quite positive, the build seems fairly painless even for a 3D printer numpty like me.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by FatFreddie View Post
    The Mendel90 still looks a good machine (dibond version). It looks a lot more rigid than my RepRapPro Mendel and easier to get set up square.

    http://reprap.org/wiki/Mendel90
    I agree, this was my version of the M90 I have also built the Prusa The original version of the M90 was by a guy on the reprap forum going under the name of nophead he used to have about 4 or 5 prusa's going full time producing parts. Clive
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140924_092146999.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	135.8 KB 
ID:	13806  

  8. #8
    I've jumped in and bought the Mendel90. Should be here in the next few days.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by IanS1 View Post
    I've been itching for a while to have a dabble with 3D printing and with Christmas coming I might treat myself to a RapRap Ormerod 2 kit.
    But you can't open it until Santa's been
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

  10. #10
    yeah right!! Anyway as I'm a good boy, he comes very early to my house.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •