. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I've been itching for a while to have a dabble with 3D printing and with Christmas coming I might treat myself to a RapRap Ormerod 2 kit. I really don't have an application for this at the moment, it's more of a play thing.
    Anyone tried the Ormerod 2?
    Anything else in the same price range I should be looking at?

I'm thinking of buying one of these too but the original Ormerod didn't get great reviews. I'll be waiting a while to see how people get on with them first, as it's not long been out.

If you do decide to buy, then please keep us posted!

Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

Quote Originally Posted by IanS1 View Post
    Anything else in the same price range I should be looking at?
    The Mendel90 still looks a good machine (dibond version). It looks a lot more rigid than my RepRapPro Mendel and easier to get set up square.

http://reprap.org/wiki/Mendel90

I've been looking into the Mendel90 too. This might be the one I go for. Most build reviews seem to be quite positive, the build seems fairly painless even for a 3D printer numpty like me.

Quote Originally Posted by FatFreddie View Post
    The Mendel90 still looks a good machine (dibond version). It looks a lot more rigid than my RepRapPro Mendel and easier to get set up square.

http://reprap.org/wiki/Mendel90
    I agree, this was my version of the M90 I have also built the Prusa The original version of the M90 was by a guy on the reprap forum going under the name of nophead he used to have about 4 or 5 prusa's going full time producing parts. Clive
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140924_092146999.jpg 
Views:	302 
Size:	135.8 KB 
ID:	13806  

I've jumped in and bought the Mendel90. Should be here in the next few days.

Quote Originally Posted by IanS1 View Post
    I've been itching for a while to have a dabble with 3D printing and with Christmas coming I might treat myself to a RapRap Ormerod 2 kit.
    But you can't open it until Santa's been

yeah right!! Anyway as I'm a good boy, he comes very early to my house.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information