. .
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    As Gerry mentioned i reversed ports and pins, however the workpiece is now inverted and im getting narrow letter (test) also when doing to i get rounded corners, not sharp ones
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20141030_130431.jpg 
Views:	765 
Size:	142.0 KB 
ID:	13777  

ok so ive managed to get the T the right way up to where i want it.

will i have to do the steps per again due to swapping the axis, and also with the T being very narrow

Looks like your motor tuning calibration needs swapping over too. I'm guessing you've got different pitch screws on your x and y?

That should sort out the narrow letter problem.

Edit : Check your cursor keys for jogging from the keyboard too (hotkeys). You'll probably need to change those too.

Si.
    Last edited by firetrappe; 30-10-2014 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by phill05 View Post
    The Vectors are the workpiece!!
    I just tried Ctrl +9 45 left, Ctrl +0 45 right in VCarve, it rotates the vectors but not the material (workpiece stock)
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

5. The Following User Says Thank You to EddyCurrent For This Useful Post:

Awesome, im running rack and pinion on both axis. however one is on a gearbox and other two on cncrouterparts drive pulleys

You shouldn't need to change your jogging hotkeys, unless you've already changed them to a non standard configuration.
    You will need to change your steps/unit, and accel and velocity settings if they are different for X and Y.
    Gerry

Mach3 2010 Screenset

JointCAM - CAM for Woodworking Joints

Thanks guys i now have it the way i wanted it :)

Lives in Derbyshire  UK, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 32 Minutes Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 295. Received thanks 28 times, giving thanks to others 13 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by EddyCurrent View Post
    I just tried Ctrl +9 45 left, Ctrl +0 45 right in VCarve, it rotates the vectors but not the material (workpiece stock)
    Eddy,
    Why would you want to rotate the material? I am working every day like this, I set the Job "stock" dimensions greater than the model sizes and square, set the origin to centre, create the part I can then rotate to any angle with ctrl 9 and ctrl 0 then F9 to centre create the toolpaths and cut no problems whatsoever.
    If I want a pair then copy and paste move 1 each side of centre.
    If I was on txt same as above you can rotate, move, scale reverse, and only toolpath and cut what you want.

look at the time taken to rotate and screenshot only seconds.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.png 
Views:	745 
Size:	398.2 KB 
ID:	13779   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.png 
Views:	746 
Size:	423.1 KB 
ID:	13780   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.png 
Views:	746 
Size:	387.9 KB 
ID:	13781   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.png 
Views:	749 
Size:	422.0 KB 
ID:	13782  

Quote Originally Posted by phill05 View Post
    Eddy,
    Why would you want to rotate the material?
    I don't, I only have a demo of V Carve Pro, I was just pointing out that using the shortcut keys described by Earle, only the vectors rotate. You said the "the Vectors are the workpiece" which to my mind was not 100% correct because surely the material is part of the workpiece. Beyond that I care not a jot, I use F-engrave because it's free and does the job.
    Last edited by EddyCurrent; 30-10-2014 at 09:34 PM.
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

Lives in Derbyshire  UK, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 32 Minutes Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 295. Received thanks 28 times, giving thanks to others 13 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by EddyCurrent View Post
    I don't, I only have a demo of V Carve Pro, I was just pointing out that using the shortcut keys described by Earle, only the vectors rotate. You said the "the Vectors are the workpiece" which to my mind was not 100% correct because surely the material is part of the workpiece. Beyond that I care not a jot, I use F-engrave because it's free and does the job.
    The vectors are the workpiece that is the part you will cut and use, think of the "material" as your piece of paper you are drawing on, you only need to set the thickness of the material for the size of the part required.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information