. .
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Whats on the heat sink on right.? Looks like thermister, resistors and black box which I'm not sure about.! And what are they doing.?
    What and where's the power source.? ie voltage.
    Where did you get the peristaltic pump.?
    Not really a heat sink, just a packer. underneath is an SSR to control the air valve, the square with a red blob is a 12v lamp-flasher which gives me the pulses, next to it is a 12v reg. (with a couple of ceramic capacitors ) needed because I am supplying 24 volts from my main panel. The AUTO mode is an M7 relay in the panel.

www.wmcpumps.com as on the back of the pump. I chose a 3mm tube but if I replace it will use a 1.5 mill

Quote Originally Posted by silyavski View Post
    My Russian friend who is an experienced model maker did his system for under 5 minutes from what he had at hand.
    I could make a crude system in 1min by just piercing tiny hole in bottle and letting gravity do the work dripping droplets in front of my air nozzle. It would have the same characteristics has Johns system in that it would be independant control of air and fluid but I wouldn't because it won't be affective and look shite.!! . . . . I don't get your point is what I'm trying to say.!

John's system is metered indepedant control of air and fluid which in practice will be be much more usable than any Fogger sytem. I would relate Fogger equivalent to normal hammer and based on my experience estimate Jonh's sytem to be equivalent to Piano tuners hammer.!! . . . . Both hammers but different.

Quote Originally Posted by silyavski View Post
    That being said it still leaves the question of the nozzle/delivering tube/body /support/connectors assembly. How do you do that?

Another question is the complexity, some times simple things last longer in industrial enviroment , on the other hand it can be expensive for eventual time to time home use or on a small cheap machine.

I mean is one thing to design an usefull system. My Russian friend who is an experienced model maker did his system for under 5 minutes from what he had at hand.
    Its another thing to design cheap, clever, reliable and nice looking product/in that order that could cover most of the real needs of fellow machinists.

You made that for yourself or with the idea of selling it?

And when you will need the squirting? from my experiments even tiny tube could give tremendous flow. In fact for comparison 1mm nozzle gives 160l/min flow if i remember correctly some plasma cutter torch specifications

Since there is no requirement for a venturi or pressurized container almost anything works, I just used an old NOGA that I had.

I made it for myself, I have no commercial intentions whatsoever. I am 80yrs old and in the middle of a delayed midlife crisis.

If you don't need squirting, then don't use it
    Last edited by johnsattuk; 25-03-2015 at 10:55 AM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to johnsattuk For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by johnsattuk View Post
    If you don't need squirting, then don't use it
    Quote of the Day.!!. . . . So so funny I just took a bite of toast and gulp of tea as I read that and now my Laptop looks like a damp loaf. .

Quote Originally Posted by johnsattuk View Post
    Not really a heat sink, just a packer. underneath is an SSR to control the air valve, the square with a red blob is a 12v lamp-flasher which gives me the pulses, next to it is a 12v reg. (with a couple of ceramic capacitors ) needed because I am supplying 24 volts from my main panel. The AUTO mode is an M7 relay in the panel.

www.wmcpumps.com as on the back of the pump. I chose a 3mm tube but if I replace it will use a 1.5 mill
    Thanks John I got the Jist of what would be needed to make this work from pic and the Reg I recognised but it was the Blackbox with what looked like a Thermister above it that thru me off.! . . . . . Now I look again can see it's part of the black box.!

That with the pulsing seems a great idea. I missed that.
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Thanks John I got the Jist of what would be needed to make this work from pic and the Reg I recognised but it was the Blackbox with what looked like a Thermistor above it that thru me off.! . . . . . Now I look again can see it's part of the black box.!
    I didn't mention the round black item - this is just a small air reservoir mounted directly on the air valve, (bigger would be better but its what I had lying about) it gives a bit more bite to the pulses and dampens the air gauge a little.

Just a note about my vision of the correct flow shape. I would like to illustrate how i like it. See photo below.

I maxed the cooling supply so its more clear whats happening. When milling aluminum you can barely see the coolant flow. When nozzle properly made /IMO/ the overall "flame" shape is long and concentrated and in the middle forms a very nice thicker stream, it basically sounds like a nice small propane turbo burner . No mist at all. You hit a wall with this stream and it all goes down, nothing up in the air.

that stream bellow is should be enough even for engraving stone and soon i will try it when i have my machine ready :-)

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150328_150330.jpg 
Views:	1925 
Size:	241.1 KB 
ID:	15021  
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Boyan Silyavski For This Useful Post:

11. Quote Originally Posted by johnsattuk View Post
    I got fed up with trying to get the flows right, so made this
    Hi All,
    I Just wanted to say thank you to johnsattuk for the idea, I have built one of his peristaltic coolant systems and it works a treat!!

Very happy :-), if you'd like to see how it looks and works then follow the link below to my YouTube video at:

https://youtu.be/URk_8mYi-z4

Many thanks again!

Cheers
    Barry M
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tumbnail.jpg 
Views:	249 
Size:	257.8 KB 
ID:	23570   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vlcsnap-2018-01-09-20h41m44s767.png 
Views:	255 
Size:	1.48 MB 
ID:	23571  

Have just ordered something from Amazon for £15! Basically its the venturi, 2 flow control valves (air and coolant), a length of Loc-Line and a nozzle at end. Not sure whats going to happen but sure we'll see.

Question; What is the fluid used/ Soluble oil and water or what? WHAt dilution / ensity should the fluid be?

For the price I'm not expecting any instructions

Will

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information