. .
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Yes a vfd would be required, I got this from a UC300 manual, this would be ideal because the easiest way to control the vfd is via the 0-10v.

"The analog output 1. signal can be used for SP PWM (Spindle speed PWM), setting the
    SP PWM checkbox assigns the analog output 1. signal to the spindle speed PWM
    function. If this checkbox is set the proportional analog Voltage of the actual spindle speed
    PWM signal will appear on this analog output pin of the device. The range of the signal is
    0-10Volts"

You do need to know the parameters of the motor such as voltage, current, etc. can you get a photo of the motor rating plate ?
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

2. Wish i understood the terminology lol but ill get there, took a pic of motor plate for you if it helps, where about are you located ?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415051433.243834.jpg 
Views:	671 
Size:	195.2 KB 
ID:	13804

Quote Originally Posted by Craiggillzzr1400zx10r View Post
    Wish i understood the terminology lol but ill get there, took a pic of motor plate for you if it helps, where about are you located ?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415051433.243834.jpg 
Views:	671 
Size:	195.2 KB 
ID:	13804
    Here's some vfd's as example; https://www.inverterdrive.com/group/...r=Power|0.37kW

The max revs shows 1370 RPM so as not to take it past it's working range that should be about the maximum speed to run it at and that's at 50Hz.
    The problem is that reducing the speed will also reduce the power so there's a limit to how slow it will usefully operate at.

The vfd needs to be like this;

Input 230V ac single phase
    Output 230V ac 3 phase
    Power 0.37 kW (minimum)

where about are you located ?
    About 200 miles North of you.
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

Op your are trying to reinvent the wheel here. This conversion has been done lots of times on other forums, there are videos on YouTube and there is also a yahoo group. I would start by hunting down all the various build logs and find out which parts will work for you in terms of vfd's
    CNC routing and prototyping services www.cncscotland.co.uk

ADD ME ON FACEBOOKS

5. Ok cool, so, if i swap the steppers to my new ones and wire them into their controllers as per diadrams that came out with them then wire the controllers into the break out board, i take it the motion controller wires to the break out board from that then a vfd will wire to the motion controller and be able to controll speed and dir ction of the spindle
    Then theres the limits/home switches and an emergency stop and and lights or door switches that wire to the breakout board, and lastly the power suply that wires to breakout board
    Then il have to get a copy of mach3 on a pc to get it all moving i guess
    Sounds so easy lol

6. Gavztheouch, where are these yahoo groups and build logs you mention, like iv said im a complete novice and understand very little of the terminology etc, im not daft but its just not my thing an am trying to learn as i go so i can understand what and how it all works

7. Gavzthetouch, could you forward me any links to the emco pc mill 55 retrofit builds or the yahoo forum groups you mention, any and all assistance is greatly appreciated as i want to learn how this all works myself
    Cheers

8. Eddy, can you give me a bit more guidance please, am i right in saying i plug my computer into the uc300 motion controll via usb, then that plugs into the BOB by serial cable, then the stepper controllers/e stops/limits all wire to the BOB as wiring diagrams, does the controll wire for the BFD come from the BOB ?
    Thanks for any help in advance

Sorry for the slow reply. This is the yahoo group I am part of

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/emcof1mill/info

Bear in mind the emco mill 50, mill 55 and F1 machines are very similar. So when you are doing your searching try all 3 machine model numbers.
    CNC routing and prototyping services www.cncscotland.co.uk

ADD ME ON FACEBOOKS

10. Hello all again, i am at my whits end with the cnc project i started, everything i can do via wiring diagrams and advice is done but still nothing works, i need help as all i have at the moment is a very very expensive paperwight, i am more than willing to pay for someone to come take a look and give me some help
    Please help guys

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information