So, I've been toying with the idea of an injection moulder for a while, however I've always been put of by industrial machines requiring a quite substantial 3 phase supply, despite their usually dirt cheap prices.
I've had a few different ebay searches on the go, and a benctop one happened to pop up on the radar a few weeks ago, and after a little bit research, it was deemed well enough priced to take a gamble on.
It finally arrived yesterday-

As Bought by mc_mtb, on Flickr
It's an older Travin TP1, and I've got to say, I think the gamble has paid off. Should be more than good enough for doing some experimentation, although I still need to think of something worthwhile to make!
The only bits missing are the guards, air pressure regulator, and the feed mechanism for the hopper, but it comes with a proper temperature controller (would cost £330 as an upgrade on a new one), and other than being a bit dusty/greasy, it looks in good condition.
Guards I can make, I happen to have a spare pressure regulator lying around, and I can try it without the feeder for now.
An email to Travin late last night asking if they had a manual available, resulted in an email first thing this morning with one attached :)
I now just need to do a bit reading on making moulds....