. .
    Hi guy's
    Long time ago before CNC I used to make model trains and have a hammering to make another but using my CNC. Being not to good at writing code I was wondering if anyone out there has any written program G.Code for the running gear of a steam locomotive.

You want to be looking for CAD files rather than G code I would think, your CAM software will turn it into G code, are you talking about lathe work here ?
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

I would imagine designing your own CAD model of the gear and then generating the GCode from that would be the ideal way to do it. Of course, you can always try searching the net to see if there is anything like the gear you require.

Quote Originally Posted by IanS1 View Post
    I would imagine designing your own CAD model of the gear and then generating the GCode from that would be the ideal way to do it. Of course, you can always try searching the net to see if there is anything like the gear you require.
    Thanks guys you can see I am new to this. More work on the internet tonight.

Last edited by EddyCurrent; 06-11-2014 at 09:40 PM.
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

Thanks Eddycurrent these few links will keep me busy for a while a I try to work my way through them. I use Artcam 2013 so I will have to find a way to import some of the drawings and then break them down into the parts for a cutting list. Should be hours of fun and I hope a finished model at the end.

Thanks again.
    Phil

Which CAD software are you using ? or does your version of Artcam include what you need ?
    Last edited by EddyCurrent; 07-11-2014 at 11:06 AM.

I think that Artcam has what I need. I must admit that I have not tried uploading some of the stuff I got from your links yet I might have some time this weekend to have a go. Thanks for taking an interest.

Thread Information