Hi all,

Everything had been going excellently, but A little while ago my Z seized (the mess suggested that the BB's might've been made of clay...) and over the weekend I noticed a click in my Y - I fixed the Z and as yet the Y isn't causing me any issues, but wanting to do things properly I've decided to replace my Chinese bought screws with gear that I'll buy here in the UK. Expensive, I know - but hey, I love my little mill and now can't imagine weekends without it..!

I suppose I could have a go at fixing up the Y by popping some new ball-bearings in etc, but my fear is that perhaps I'm not starting from a great baseline anyway and cutting my losses and starting afresh will save me the time and hassle in the long run.

My question is - not wanting to mess around with getting ball-nut brackets etc. remade, does anyone know a UK supplier that supplies their gear in a spec that closely matches the the stuff that we buy in from China (ie. ball-nuts have mounting holes in the same place, flanges are similar etc.)

Cheers!

Wal.