. .

Thread: Hello to ALL

My name Steve from Hungary.
    I am mechanical engineer and work as drafter with SW earlier Inventor.
    My former job was Miller on Hurco . By the way I spent some time on Bridgeport with Heidenhain control but for me the Hurco is the No1(ultimax of corse). I liked it very very much but being 53 I had to look more convenient job for the next 50.
    Two years ago when I caught the CNC virus I built an A3 format machine with small steppers and Chinese board. It made some circle with a pen and I soon recognised my need: a real machine not a toy.
    During collecting information I found this page with useful information for my machine that will be similar to Ba's one.
    So he and JazzCNC who I know a little from the discussion of Ba's 1 year old design .
    I am quite busy at my workplace but try to follow the site and share my experience on Solidworks or Inventor or others if any question arise .
    And hope I share the birth of my 1 m x 2 m gantry with your kind help.

Regards
    vargai

Hello,
    You say the new machine will be 1000 mm x 2000 mm, that is a bad size I would suggest. Why not make it 1200 x 2400 or 1200 x 1200, that way you could cut a full sheet or half sheet materials. Even if you made it 1200 x 2000, the extra length could be used for a 4th axis.
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

Thanks your comment Eddy,

I have nothing but I can image anything so we are in time to put this thing in it's place.
    It is very difficult to build an universal strong , size machine.
    A week ago the size was 700x1000 and the goal to mill mainly Plastic, AL and small complicated steel parts using moderate technology.
    I think the 1 m is a common size used by many metal producer and I am rather machinist .
    If one buy a long cut profile commonly used the 1 m as cut -transportable length.
    I think this 1m is one of the mile stone in design too.
    So one of the axis will be 1m .
    I wanted to build a T slotted based gantry but the price of it is 1600 GBP and my GDP is far less for this part.
    So I rather build a bigger square tube framed machine on same price but i do not want to give up the goal to use it in steel.
    I am talking about, marking, small holes , thin sheet, complicates pcs. I don't care the milling time , here the CNC milling is very expensive recently.
    I calculate 1000 N machining force but and do not know practical data about the real force during milling.
    Some says 5W is enough to mill but it is more complicated question.
    Could yo or other show me some example in AL and steel milling regarding the force?
    The other size of the machine could be a bit longer you are right .
    I.e the standard door height is 2100 mm so I can route around it.
    I like the wood work and did some stairs earlier but have no experience in machining 1200 x 1200 or 2400 sheet .Give me some example what do you think of-relief , kitchen cabinet?
    Would you share your point of you?
    So the main parameters:
    1000 N, Servo drives, belt synchronised gantry axis, hoped accuracy +-0,05 mm with T5 grade TBI motion ball screws
    80 x 80 x4 SQtube frame bridge type.

test.........

Thread Information