. .

Thread: Cnc 3040t

Hi guys, i have a problem with my machine. When I reinstalled Mach 3 software, i observed that the spindle pot on the controller became so slow that I have to put it to max in order to cut clean... before that, the spindle speed is adequate at the mid range only. Now i had to set it to max. Any advice on this ?

Quote Originally Posted by etNick studio View Post
    Hi guys, i have a problem with my machine. When I reinstalled Mach 3 software, i observed that the spindle pot on the controller became so slow that I have to put it to max in order to cut clean... before that, the spindle speed is adequate at the mid range only. Now i had to set it to max. Any advice on this ?
    Read the mach3 manual it will expalin how to setup the spindle outputs and spindle pulley settings so you get the correct speed for the voltage being output. IE 0v=off 10v=full speed.
    Set the spindle pulley in mach to max spindle speed then when you command full speed you should see 10V on the spindle output. If you don't then go tweak the settings in spindle setup if using Modbus PWM or steps per in motor tuning if using axis as spindle.!
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 14-11-2014 at 12:40 PM.

You can set it so that in the G-code an S instruction will select the right speed. For example if you put S18000 it should rotate at 18000 rpm, then calibrate the vfd keypad display so it shows the right speed too.
    Last edited by EddyCurrent; 14-11-2014 at 12:48 PM.
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

4. The Following User Says Thank You to EddyCurrent For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by EddyCurrent View Post
    You can set it so that in the G-code an S instruction will select the right speed. For example if you put S18000 it should rotate at 18000 rpm, then calibrate the vfd keypad display so it shows the right speed too.
    Probably not using a VFD eddy it's most likely just using DC speed controller.? . . . . But in either case the principle is the same and the VFD should display the speed in relation to the voltage being output so shouldn't be tweaking or calibrating the VFD at all other than to set parameters and display RPM not Amps or frequency.!

The S command will only output voltage based on the pulley ratio so if Max pulley is say 18000rpm and max spindle speed 24000rpm then you'll get 24000 rpm when you call for S18000 which will be 10V as the ratio takes the voltage into account. So say you set the pulley ratio as Min RPm = 6000 and Max 24000rpm then >0V = 6000 and 10V=24000rpm. You'll get a spindle pulley ratio error message if you tried to input S3000 or S25000.
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 14-11-2014 at 01:30 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

On my system the 0-10 volts goes to an inverter and that is configured accordingly so that 10v = top speed.
    To get the S command working so it was 1:1 relationship I played about with the numbers here in Mach3

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mach-3.jpg 
Views:	703 
Size:	56.9 KB 
ID:	13853
    Last edited by EddyCurrent; 14-11-2014 at 03:11 PM.
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

8. The Following User Says Thank You to EddyCurrent For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by EddyCurrent View Post
    On my system the 0-10 volts goes to an inverter and that is configured accordingly so that 10v = top speed.
    To get the S command working so it was 1:1 relationship I played about with the numbers here in Mach3

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mach-3.jpg 
Views:	703 
Size:	56.9 KB 
ID:	13853
    Yes that's how you would do it when using Analog spindle axis but you still need to set in combination with the pulley Min/max speed to do it properly and get away from spindle over or under speed error messages.
    PWM is slightly differant and done with Pulley and Modbus settings but still after same result of 10v output for maximum spindle speed.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

Hello
    Other issue, just start somehow.
    I saw your comments to Ba about his gantry design and found them interesting and valuable.
    In the introduction topic I described my goal and your opinion would be appreciated.
    I would like to place everything on to a right foundation before starting the build of my gantry.
    Thank you in advance

Thank you so much ... i'll try you advice and come back later.

Thread Information