. .
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Does it have to be that exact shape? What are critical dimensions to fit/work? As shown I think I would start with a solid lump of Ali, take 3 or 4 cuts on different axes to get the major shape after drilling the holes needed, then get to work with a file.

Im a little too busy but having a quick look at the original part below and with them being plastic is the gusset that reinforces that pin/upright needed?im not sure what kind of stresses it will be under but if it were made in aluminium??..could the upright be replaced with a brass pin or cut down stainless bolt so made in two parts or does it need to be square and shamfered like you drawn. it seems a simple part to make out of a bit of plate or billet and like said a bit of a file where needed using the old one as a template seeing as its a one off.
    http://www.bullseyecountrysport.co.u...oly-9749-p.asp
    Last edited by dazza; 16-11-2014 at 02:38 PM.

Lives in Barrow in Furness, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 11 Hours Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 786. Received thanks 96 times, giving thanks to others 176 times.
    Don't see the problem using TIG, I was using it on 1mm plate every time the MOT came up on my Metro

none of those dimensions are critical, certainly not as critical as i have made out with the 0.01mm dimensions.

and the part is really a copy of the plastic one, the reinforcement of the protrusion will probably not be necessary. the stress involved in the part is a small spring pushing the end furthest from the protrusion upwards, turning the arm around the pin and making the lowest part push a small nub into the barrel of the gun, giving the BBs backspin the protrusion extends onto an adjustment wheel which is turned to lift the nub (against the spring) and reduce the backspin.

does anyone think they could make this for me?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrover View Post
    does anyone think they could make this for me
    Yep I can and you where in luck today as I had to setup a machine so you gave me something to do. Here it is.! Pm me your address and I'll send it you.

Only differences are there are some 1.5mm radius in corners as smallest endmil I had was 3mm.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0585.jpg 
Views:	248 
Size:	536.2 KB 
ID:	13857
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 16-11-2014 at 06:03 PM.

That looks great, ill PM my address to you now.

How much do you want for it? Its only fair that i pay for your time and effort.

;) top stuff !!

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrover View Post
    That looks great, ill PM my address to you now.

How much do you want for it? Its only fair that i pay for your time and effort.
    Well I'm getting low on Guiness but I'm also getting tubby so we'll just call it a 6 pack not 12. . .

Edit: Not had PM just in case you tried sending and hasn't worked.?
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 16-11-2014 at 09:00 PM.

For anybody who wondered how or what went into doing it then here is the simulation. Never thought to do video.!!
    Not much too it really 7 operations with 4 tools. Total machine time with tool changes and filp 16mins and 6 tool simulation time 11mins.

OP 1 & 2 clearence with 6mm endmill.
    OP 3 holes with 2mm drill
    OP 4 & 5 Ramp & hole pocket with 2mm ballnose used to clean up holes.
    OP 6 profile 4mm endmill

OP 7 flip and 0,35mm surface to break loose with 4mm tool.

Last edited by JAZZCNC; 16-11-2014 at 10:27 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

Jazz, its dead easy when you know how - that's the hard bit. Really good of you. G.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information