. .
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by GEOFFREY View Post
    Jazz, its dead easy when you know how - that's the hard bit. Really good of you. G.
    To be honest Geoffrey I like the change from doing boring run if the mill Z axis and gantry parts etc i'm always doing. Small parts I find rewarding and challenging because they are hard to hold with very little room for error. Worst bit is tool changes can take longer than the Op's it's here where a ATC would be nice. . .Lol

Just got the parts last night (two identical), but unfortunatley, my design skills have let me down and the part needs a little adjusting... Time to break out the dremel! :p

Once i fix the part and test it, ill adjust the design and re post it in case anyone else wants to use it to make their own.

Big thanks to Jazz for forseeing my stupidity and sending a spare :p
    Last edited by TheGrover; 04-12-2014 at 10:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrover View Post
    Just got the parts last night (two identical), but unfortunatley, my design skills have let me down and the part needs a little adjusting... Time to break out the dremel! :p

Once i fix the part and test it, ill adjust the design and re post it in case anyone else wants to use it to make their own.

Big thanks to Jazz for forseeing my stupidity and sending a spare :p
    If you make the adjustments and let me know I'll see about knocking a few more up when get time.

Thanks jazz. You really dont need to you know.

Ill update my model after i test it anyway, but that was more for the people searching google for a place to get the part

Ok the part model is now revised, see the files attached to this post.

Changes from the Mk1 to the Mk2:

• area beneath the lever arm removed due to a clash with part of the hop unit (the part that this arm is fixed within)
    • Nub effector (lowest part) raised by 1mm to move the "Sweet spot" of adjustment closer to the centre of adjustment, giving a greater range of adjustability
    • Pin Hole enlarged slightly to make installation easier and movement less restricted (also rounded the internal face as sketchup can't do curves properly)
    • Lever arm reduced in size to correct a fundamental error made with the Mk1 (my bad :P)

All these corrections should make the part just slip in nicely and work a dream.

If anyone needs any help with the part, or another file type creating, just PM me on here
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi there.

Just to double check, is this the hop up arm for the ICS L85/L86? If so I am very interested in a metal one as the plastic one is not great. Is it possible someone could make one for me, name a price though first!

Thanks.

yes, this is designed for my ICS L85 (I assume that the L86 has the same hop unit, though i haven't checked).

if you do want one, make sure that you use the revised model, attached to the post above yours, as the first version was a pain to install due to my own stupidity (I had to take a Dremel to it).

its also worth saying that since i have changed the model after installing mine, i haven't actually tested the updated version, so be prepared to "Adjust" it, if necessary, though i hope you shouldn't need to.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information