. .

Thread: aliexpress

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hi, I am thinking about placing an order for some laser cutting parts on aliexpress the order comes to a total of roughly £600. Is the aliexpress guarantee that you will get your parts actually worth anything. Do they vet they're sellers? I am buying from someone with very little feedback, is this wise?

Cheers
    CNC routing and prototyping services www.cncscotland.co.uk

ADD ME ON FACEBOOKS

I forgot to add a link to the seller. I am buying a kit to build a laser cutter. The laser working area will be 600mm by 900mm and the cost of the kit is £600ish including delivery to the UK

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Linea...542960565.html

ADD ME ON FACEBOOKS

The lack of any feedback is concerning. Their system works such that the seller only gets your money once you have clicked the button to say you have received the goods and they are satisfactory. If not then you can try to resolve it with the seller. I've placed 22 orders with Aliexpress in the past year and can only find fault with part of one of them. The first item I purchased from aliexpress was two 2200mm long, 20mm TBI linear rails with four bearings for $415 including shipping - I used aliexpress because it was over two years ago, so before they started appearing on eBay and (still) a lot cheaper than elsewhere.

I think it's a pretty safe system, but it's up to you in the end.

Also, don't forget about the customs charges - they will be quite a lot on something of that value.
    Last edited by Jonathan; 18-11-2014 at 03:32 PM.
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    The lack of any feedback is concerning. Their system works such that the seller only gets your money once you have clicked the button to say you have received the goods and they are satisfactory. If not then you can try to resolve it with the seller. I've placed 22 orders with Aliexpress in the past year and can only find fault with part of one of them. The first item I purchased from aliexpress was two 2200mm long, 20mm TBI linear rails with four bearings for $415 including shipping - I used aliexpress because it was over two years ago, so before they started appearing on eBay and (still) a lot cheaper than elsewhere.

I think it's a pretty safe system, but it's up to you in the end.

Also, don't forget about the customs charges - they will be quite a lot on something of that value.
    Thanks Jonathan,

So does the escrow type system always apply, even when paying with a credit card? I watch a youtube video, where this guy was talking about how to not get ripped of on aliexpress and he said alway try and choose a seller who uses the escrow system but it now looks like that is not an option and was wondering if that is just the standard way of doing it now.

I was counting on customs charges about £15 plus 20-25% :(
    Last edited by gavztheouch; 18-11-2014 at 04:04 PM.

ADD ME ON FACEBOOKS

I've never seen it not apply - it should be clear upon checkout?

Your estimate for the customs charges seems reasonable, if a little pessimistic.

Yep it seems hit or miss as to whether you get hit with customs or not, but the parts seem cheap enough not to worry too much. I couldn't build a flying optics system like this for the same money in parts never mind the time it would take me so I would be happy to pay the extra. Assuming it works ok.

Looks well enough made but I wouldn't like to use it for anything other than a laser or 3d printer.
    Last edited by gavztheouch; 18-11-2014 at 04:09 PM.

ADD ME ON FACEBOOKS

I placed the order this morning, fingers crossed, it arrives in time for christmas

ADD ME ON FACEBOOKS

Not wishing to put the dampers on it but let's hope you bought what you thought.

This was the title, "Linear Shaft Support Rail belt drive high rigidity smooth motion actuator laser machine electric valve guideway flange bearing"

So put some maths type brackets round it; (Linear Shaft Support Rail belt drive high rigidity smooth motion actuator laser machine electric valve guideway) flange bearing.

and wondering if it's the same as saying; (Home cinema 2000 watt amplifier full hd tv ) mounting bracket
    Last edited by EddyCurrent; 21-11-2014 at 10:55 AM.
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

It was a custom order, so I just bought 7 units of the listed item and I have a quote from the seller outwith aliexpress showing the kit that I have actually purchased which is the complete flying optics set in a 900 by 600mm format.

Your making me paranoid now Eddy.

ADD ME ON FACEBOOKS

They just put as many relevant words in the title as they can fit, to get more hits when searched for ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information