. .
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by IanS1 View Post
    I think Jazz is saying that using the 9 cross beams will make levelling the extrusion very difficult. In effect you will be creating 9 points along the length of the machine which will need to be perfectly level to get the extrusion flat. Looking at Deans drawing you can place the extrusion directly on the frame length or even better, do away with the extrusion and fit the rails directly to the frame.
    Yeahi understand that bit, however bolting the extrusion to the box section would pove difficult without the need for brackets along the extrusion. The way i was looking at it was i would be able to bolt directly into the extrusion bu going into the crossmembers to add the nuts.

Something i havent mentioned, and i apolagise is the fact i would of been bolting the cross members onto the top of the frame. for ease of removal and any smimming that possibly would of been needed...

This is what i mean

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bolts.JPG 
Views:	1282 
Size:	124.9 KB 
ID:	13907  

I would have thought bolting the 9 cross pieces to the frame would be just as much hassle and a real pain to get them all in the same plane.

If you drill access holes on the underside of the top beam you will be able to use a T Bar allen key to bolt the extrusion directly to that quite easily.

Quote Originally Posted by D-man View Post
    Oops! morning brain fart!

This is the link http://www.cs-lab.eu/en/produkt-18,2...onnectors.html but its the same Clive cheers pal
    You need the ip-s if you are going to run two motors on the x axis. I got the m for my build and it does seam a very nice bit of kit and made a lot of other things a lot easer to do with all the built in features.
    Last edited by charlieuk; 24-11-2014 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by IanS1 View Post
    I would have thought bolting the 9 cross pieces to the frame would be just as much hassle and a real pain to get them all in the same plane.

If you drill access holes on the underside of the top beam you will be able to use a T Bar allen key to bolt the extrusion directly to that quite easily.
    Yeah i see your point, but its easyier than wedling it, warping it slightly then having to grind it off. once bolted its no hasstle to add a little tack weld that accessable for a grinder should i need it.

Good point on the hole on the underside of the beam!

Quote Originally Posted by charlieuk View Post
    You need the ip-s if you are going to run two motors on the x axis. I got the m for my build and it does seam a very nice bit of kit and made a lot of other things a lot easer to do with all the built in features.

You running servos too Charlie?

Jesus, just looked at the Kinco servos and drivers and have no idea where to start! i was just starting to get my head around steppers haha

Ok so all the parts for the table had been ordered and i was too late to cancel it, so i will have to work with what i have an modify the best i can.

No just steppers I'm using the ip-m

Ditch those vertical supports along the centre that just drop to the middle of a beam below. Instead triangulate them back to the feet.

Or have crossbeams that are stiff enough by themselves.

In other words, proper support or no support.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information