. .
    Hello all, my name is John I am 60yrs of age (mentally still 20).
    Coming to terms with Back injury and disc prolapse means I can no longer function as well as could.
    I have taken up a modelling project which is a 1/10 scale Leopard Tank which I am Building.
    Just getting my "workshop set up with Lathe and driller so far and hoping to get a Hobbymat BFE 65 milling head to match my lathe.
    I am a retired Mechanical Engineer working mainly on large machinery and contract toolroom work.
    Now about to work in miniature.
    I have operated cnc before and have a little experience with programming, 20 years ago.

Keeping active is the main thing. I found this website the other week that might be useful to you. It's mainly wood but the plans might be okay, I ordered a few plans myself; http://www.woodworkscraftsupplies.co.uk/
    Last edited by EddyCurrent; 25-11-2014 at 01:02 PM.
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

Thanks Eddy I will save that
    John

Hi and welcome, I joined this forum some months ago for the same reason as you as I converted my mill to CNC they are very helpful.
    good to see you on-board.

Steve

Cheers Steve, I must admit That although not new to CNC machines I would much rather use the old fashioned way especially on one offs.
    That said the attraction of the programming and the end product from cnc is overpowering and is a must have thing as was Dro,s when they first came out.
    Hope fully I will take on board the members advice or copy them and convert one of my machines to cnc.
    John

Sometimes it's a bigger challenge to draw the required item in CAD than it is to make it by hand, but it's all part of the fun, and once it's drawn you can make more. I've always fancied making a wooden clock but didn't like the idea of fretting out the gears, so I'm in the process of converting a printed plan to Rhino 5 so the machine can do all the work.
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

My CNC mill has been up and running for about two weeks now, one of the things I expected to have problems with was using the M/c manually, but the reality is I have been using it as a Jig borer for drilling holes which save time in marking out, work a treat and is very accurate and is a plus to the CnC side of its new capability's.

Well done, looks like I have joined the correct forum.
    Look forward to all the help I could get.

Thread Information