. .
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Dean, Thanks for the video. Well what can i say, they move super smooothly. I hope they soon understand the right way to do it for the homing. Cause i dont see whats the f***g problem, that means they shortsightedly want to push their more expensive product by not allowing us this feature.
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

Quote Originally Posted by silyavski View Post
    Dean, Thanks for the video. Well what can i say, they move super smooothly.
    Yes very smooth and thats with drives straight from the box meaning I hadn't even tuned the motors to the drives which makes a big difference to motor smoothness.!!

Quote Originally Posted by silyavski View Post
    I hope they soon understand the right way to do it for the homing. Cause i dont see whats the f***g problem, that means they shortsightedly want to push their more expensive product by not allowing us this feature.
    I understand what your saying because I thought similair at first but when you look at it logicly I don't think thats the case because the IP-M and IP-S & A are very different animals. To me the IP-M is clearly aimed at the stepper world because it's frequency just isn't high enough for the Servo world. Where as the IP-S & A are designed for just that purpose and thrive at running servo's and high count encoders.

Thou the IP-S runs steppers very very nicely Very few will buy the IP-S for steppers due to it's high cost and Cslabs know this.!

Now where I feel the problem lies is that Cslabs are clearly Servo biased guys, the manual clearly shows this by the fact they put steppers down. Also if you look on there web site they don't sell or make a single thing that's stepper related and that's because they are secret "STEPPER HATERS". .
    They also want to sell there servo own drives and servo motors.!!

Now I think they are realising that there may be some value to us pauper stepper muppets and probably due to others and the likes of me pestering them for slaving etc they have started to sit up an take notice a little.? . . . Probably not the case but I hope so.!!

Also believe me they certainly know how to make homing work because the IP-S is the best dual axis homing I've ever used bar none, works like the ESS could only dream to do.!! Infact the single axis homing is probably the best I've used, it's so smooth and reliable it never misses a beat and without any false triggers yet very sensitive to switch/input under normal working conditions. (Say this because Charlie did have an issue but was special case and not Controller related.! . . .infact the issue would probably have fried lesser controllers I/O.!!)

So what I'm saying is don't be so quick to pull them down just yet and give them a chance as they are good guys to deal with and certainly know how to make excellent product.! . . . They just need encouraging to look more towards the Stepper world as well and not be so biased towards servo's.!!

Nice review. Now I need to raise some money for an IP-S.
    Gerry

Mach3 2010 Screenset

JointCAM - CAM for Woodworking Joints

Hi guys
    maybe too late but i just face this slave homing problem with ipm

I find simple and free solution

in cs plugin config i turn off Y (or X depend of your machine ) slave axes is A ( to none )

than Mach do homing and squering same way like smooth stepper do
    DoButton( 24 )
    DoButton( 23 )
    DoButton( 22 )
    DoButton( 25 )

after this i turn on Y slave A in cs plugin and machine work perfectly
    its just few click in the beggining
    hope its helpful

Jasko

Jasko - thanks for that. I have tested this with my own machine and it works fine. Because all my home switches are connected to separate inputs on the CSMIO, I home Z, then X/Y/A simultaneously. To do this, my button script is:

RefCombination(4)
    RefCombination(11)

Note - I use X+A as my dual axis. However, this script would work with Y+A as well. I home Z first to ensure that the spindle is at maximum height to avoid hitting anything while the other axes are homing.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information