. .

Thread: Beastie

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Boyan Silyavski View Post
    Dean,

I don't know why you said that?
    Why I said it was because to me it said I'm not showing the plans only the machine I intend to sell.!! .. Which I find a little Ironic given that most of what you know now was gladly given to you freely.

I really wish you well with your machine ventures and my objection isn't really related to this in anyway. Also has you rightly say you have previously posted your builds which some find very helpful. But in this case for me personaly it smacked of " I'll show but it will cost you" which in my view isn't fair to the forum given most of what you know was learnt or given freely here.!!

If I got you wrong then sorry but that's how it came across to me.!!

Eye Spy with my little eye, first post
    Of course for fellow forum members the plans will be for free.
    Last edited by Lee Roberts; 17-11-2015 at 04:22 PM. Reason: fixed quote

Quote Originally Posted by mekanik View Post
    Ah ah like Manuals I don't read threads until after the event. . .

Exactly! Even in Cad format.

Sorry, i am eating dust sanding something all day so i did not have the time to sit down and explain better.
    Last edited by Lee Roberts; 17-11-2015 at 04:23 PM. Reason: fixed quote
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

Exactly! Even in Cad format.

Sorry, i am eating dust sanding something all day so i did not have the time to sit down and explain better.
    Dont worry about it, you did a good enough job at explaining...you dont have time for sanding !

.Me
    .Me

Further up this thread there is mention of sand or epoxy filling the frame. Is this a naive question, but would foam filling (that evil stuff in a spray can, that builders use) give enough resonance damping to be useful ?

Rob
    Last edited by cropwell; 17-11-2015 at 05:20 PM.

Hi Rob
    I wouldn't think so, you are looking for a dense mass, foam is light and full of gas.
    Mike

I wouldn't think so, you are looking for a dense mass, foam is light and full of gas.
    My thought was that the closed cell structure of the foam would act as damping. I know that traditional thinking for acoustic damping is to add mass, but nowadays there must be some material that would act as an vibration absorbing foam. I must get some of this foam and fill a metre length of 50x50x3 box section to see the effect on ringing. I'll bet it would f**k up a set of tubular bells

Rob
    Last edited by cropwell; 17-11-2015 at 06:04 PM.

You could be right Rob, i seem to recall something on the forum about damping, will have a look in my Docs to see if i can find it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information