. .
    Lives in Devon, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 759. Received thanks 27 times, giving thanks to others 52 times.
    Hi All
    Finally got around to posting after looking at all the exellent info on this site.

I'm fairly new to cnc and havent built anything yet. stuck at the " it takes one to make one" stage. Been collecting parts for about 2 years and plan to start building in 3-4 weeks, when Ive finnished college work!

Cheers
    Ross

Hi Ross

Welcome to the forum!

So what do you plan on building?

Jeff.
    Nothing is foolproof......to a sufficiently talented fool!

Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    Yeah...what he said
    I Think...
    .Me

Lives in Devon, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 759. Received thanks 27 times, giving thanks to others 52 times.
    Hi all
    My original plan was to build a small router using a rotozip as the spindle to make guitars! I soon reaslised that it wouldnt be strong enough to also mill metal.

Since then I have been collecting parts to build a stronger machine with removable spindles so that it can be used for wood and metal.

If I can work out how to post pictures then I can show my stock pile of bits. I have Thk rails 20, 25, and 35 HSR, Servo motors and ground ballscrews, so the design will be based on what i have.

Cheers
    Ross

just testing photos

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CNC bits.JPG 
Views:	213 
Size:	278.2 KB 
ID:	462

Cheers, just need the get the drill/mill working to make all these pieces fit together. What a VMC?

Forgot to say thanks for the warm welcome and all the help I have received already, Cheers guys

Attachment 469
    Should just get a guitar body in it, if I switch the grease nipples around and let the dust covers run off the rail

Ah, thought it meant that :heehee:

Some of them were bought in error and arnt suitable(LM not HSR). Its not all for one machine, I plan to eventially build a few for different tasks.

Strangly Ive always planned to used servos, but the latest find with steppers seemed like a good place to start.

Ive also got a nice rotary talble, about 200mm dia. so If all goes to plan it will be a 5 axis

Thread Information