. .

Howdy All , after completing the mechanical build out of my cnc mill (moving gantry)

Currently however I have absolutely zero safety mechanisms , this I must rectify …

Reading through the posts it seems a Pilz pnoz might be a good start but unsure of the specs X1 , 24V ok or is there something better?

Quote Originally Posted by Poshpaws View Post
    Howdy All , after completing the mechanical build out of my cnc mill (moving gantry)
    Currently however I have absolutely zero safety mechanisms , this I must rectify …
    Reading through the posts it seems a Pilz pnoz might be a good start but unsure of the specs X1 , 24V ok or is there something better?
    First you have to do a risk assessment to determine which of the 4 categories your device needs to satisfy, the last page of this document has a flow chart to do that; http://www.bara.org.uk/info/safety/Risk_assessment.pdf
    Then you need to know how many contacts the safety relay has to have in order to satisfy your electrical circuits, and whether they are noramally closed, normally open, timed, etc.
    And you also need to decide what voltage you want to control the relay, 24vdc or 220vac are popular choices.

There are several manufacturers of safety relay, just search for 'safety relay' and most will be found.
    Keep in mind these regulations are to satisfy, 'health and safety at work' , in your own home you may not need to comply, however I value my health so try to make the equipment as safe as possible.
    Last edited by EddyCurrent; 05-12-2014 at 10:18 PM.
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

3. The Following User Says Thank You to EddyCurrent For This Useful Post:

Thread Information