. .

Thread: cnc machines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Location unknown. Last Activity: 07-06-2009 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 13.
    I am looking at buying a cnc machine can anybody give me some advice on a Denford Traic ATC CNC milling machine with fanuc controls or a Boxford Duet CNC Lathe and mill combined or any other advice on any machines that would be suitable to turn aluminium parts. Any advice much appreciated.

Well for a start as you have said in your post the Triac is a milling machine so it won't turn.
    The Boxford Duet is basically a training machine and as such is at home making tiny parts out of machining plastic, alloy parts are not really suitable for a machine such as this.

Without knowing better just what alloy parts it's hard to recommend anything but a Connect lathe, based on a Myford ML10 or the Denford Orac are far sturdier machines.

John S -

Location unknown. Last Activity: 07-06-2009 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 13.
    what Im looking at machining is parts for a 1/6th scale tank that I have the plans for most of the parts are milling there is not much to be turned apart from the wheels

In which case the Triac is ideal provided that it's all working on the Fanuc system.

If anything isn't working then be prepared to spend serious dosh on support.

Last time I rang Fanuc they wanted £48 off me on a credit card just to hold the conversation.
    They then keep you on the phone to rack the bill up and then say they need to send out a service engineer at about £125 per hour and that includes all journey times.
    John S -

Is there any better machines on the martet to do the same job and what you expect to pay for a second hand denford traic average price if you were doing such a job as this what type of cnc machine would you look at buying

that looks like a sprocket off a sherman tank I have at the moment 1/6th sherman 1/6th tiger early 1/6th tiger mid 1/6th king tiger 1/6th panzer III and Im looking at making a panzer 4

I for got to ask if you don,t mind me asking what type of machinery did you use to make the sprocket is it made out of aluminum and what scale is it

all the tanks are metal apart from the king tiger that one,s fibre glass:dance:

ok spelling error like the government at the moment I put photos on tomorrow time willing when you say cheap milling machines what do you think of the syil x 4 plus cnc milling machine

I thank you for your honestly I had a look at the machines you mentioned very good but they are not cnc I;m looking for a machine to do more than one part at a time repeat milling I should say

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information