. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    has anyone any idea, on average how many ball bearings should be in a 1605 ball nut from linearmotion (china) I`ve striped mine down and counted 50 but there seems to be room for more. thanks in advance. oh and no I hanvnt dropped them on the floor and lost some....yet!!
    Last edited by bmbaz; 08-12-2014 at 08:55 PM.

This describes a 1610 nut plus a good video for repacking;
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/6565-...6350#post56350
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

yep cheers eddy, watched this and a similar one. I`ve no problem re packing it, its just at the last circuit there`s a big gap left, this nut hasn't been used yet and I needed to turn it around so I decided to strip it and on counting the balls thought 50 is a strange number so that's why I `m asking

well mine ended up with 51 total, 17 in each circuit.
    Last edited by EddyCurrent; 08-12-2014 at 10:20 PM.
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

I thinking that should be right and mine has one missing, it felt ok and still feels ok now I`ve turned it, it was just an observation as I noticed the wipers looked like they`ve been in and out before, I think I`ll have a root about at work tomorrow and see if I can find any.

Quote Originally Posted by bmbaz View Post
    I thinking that should be right and mine has one missing, it felt ok and still feels ok now I`ve turned it, it was just an observation as I noticed the wipers looked like they`ve been in and out before, I think I`ll have a root about at work tomorrow and see if I can find any.
    Maybe the the operator was sleepy then in China or they spare a ball /nut
    Apart from this is the quality good at Linearmotion?

Just rang our local bearing supplier who's very kindly going to drop me off half a dozen later today,thanks for the info aswell

Thanks eddy,yes I use toolstation for a few things because of price and proximity.I can now confirm that a 1605 ball nut has 17 ball per circuit as does a 1610,no idea why mine had one missing,it happens.I think i'll be using Wurth lithiun grease as i've a big tub of it from when I use to work for them(a sample,honest)again thanks for all the info.just putting finishing touches to a siegsuper x2 with help from Clive on the electrics and hope to post report soon,its only taken 6months or so..as it does:-S

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 21 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Baz: You're so kind but you forgot the morel support and the and the banter. ..Clive

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information