. .
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Oops...that'll be the speed reading. Sorry!
    No probs, still useful

555 timer circuits feeding a schitt trigger
    That will be my speed typing....:heehee: Or at least thats my excuse....

Another evening of tinkering and I think Ive finally got the board sorted so I'll leave it for now. Now my finger is better I can hopefully finish the honing and anti backlash nuts. Just got to hope I dont make a schitt job of it :rofl:

2. Ross,

Try the attached for size...

If you are driving opto-isolated inputs to the drivers let me know as it'll need a couple more parts...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stepper Exerciser.gif 
Views:	229 
Size:	10.0 KB 
ID:	720  

Hi Irving,
    on the small pic I think I can see the link to the dir out pin but it is missing if you enlarge the picture, I assume it goes to the divider part of the 2 resistors.

peter

Thanks Irving thats exactly what I was looking for.

For this board I'm going direct to the driver chip but it will be useful to have the opto verision as well if you dont mind. Is it posible to do single steps with this circuit as well :whistling:.

Thanks again

Peter, seems to be ok when I look at it, dir pin is linked to the resistors

5. Quote Originally Posted by Ross77 View Post
    Thanks Irving thats exactly what I was looking for.

For this board I'm going direct to the driver chip but it will be useful to have the opto verision as well if you dont mind. Is it posible to do single steps with this circuit as well :whistling:.

Thanks again

Peter, seems to be ok when I look at it, dir pin is linked to the resistors
    Here is the opto version...

Single steps I need to think about (and why would you want them?)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stepper Exerciser opto.gif 
Views:	176 
Size:	12.6 KB 
ID:	724  

well i dont understand whats going wrong with my pc display, I downloaded pictures and the links are there but not on the display!

Another fine point of MS IE7 I expect!

Peter

Thanks Irving, your a star. have a couple of beers

The single steps are for fine tuning, I'm planning ahead really. Once it has built the machine I want, this mill will probably be redundant and not worth selling, so I thought that It might be useful if I just need a part skimmed or holes drilled at set distances. If I also fit a DRO of some discription I can manually control the machine as a stand alone without having to draw the part and produce g-code etc. etc.

Farnell will charge the first time you use them, I think (that's what happened to a mate of mine [who asked me to order the bits for him instead, since I tend to chuck about £200 a month at them] and my brother).

I'd also put RS in that list - although RS I've found are generally more expensive for components, except LCD displays where RS are about half the price.

I've used Digikey before, but not Rapid nor Cricklewood (yet).

9. Quote Originally Posted by tribbles View Post
    Farnell will charge the first time you use them, I think (that's what happened to a mate of mine [who asked me to order the bits for him instead, since I tend to chuck about £200 a month at them] and my brother).
    Not as far as i am aware... just signed up, threw an order of about £30 at them, job done...

+1 to that.

I've only just started dealing with Farnell, as I'd always had in my mind that they were Draconian with their postal charges & minimum order requirements and made you jump through hoops as a private individual (they used to - & RS were worse from recollection!)

I'm actually pleasantly surprised at how they've changed (I guess it's 'adapt or die' in this new Global commercial market place we now live in) & I've put in some pitifully small orders with Farnell & never yet had a postage charge yet....normally get the stuff the next day too.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread Information