. .

Thread: new member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    hi just a few words about me I have a denford easyturn that I have converted using an edding cnc ethernet controler leadshine stepper drivers has a pendant for manual control power to spindle motor by mitsubishi inverter I am a complete novice to cnc but am slowly getting used to it only problem I am having is getting back to zero? after making a part

Do you mean 'machine coordinates' zero ? i.e. Home position
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

hi when I start up i zero the machine but if i make a part i have to put in a work zero i do this by touching off when the first part is made and the tool goes to its stop point i cant seem to get back to work zero?
    cheers glen

If your using CNC V4.01.56 of the software then push F3 or the Zero button at bottom screen and there's buttons on the there for each axis.
    OR use the MDI screen and type G0 x0 y0 (zero's not letter o)

Should that be G53 G0 X0 Y0 ?

G53 means "use machine coordinates", that is, ignore workpiece offsets. I use this a lot to park the tool when I don't want to lose my offsets by clearing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Neale View Post
    Should that be G53 G0 X0 Y0 ?

G53 means "use machine coordinates", that is, ignore workpiece offsets. I use this a lot to park the tool when I don't want to lose my offsets by clearing them.
    No he said wants to go back to WORK zero.

G53 works in MACHINE coordinates and it doesn't ignore WORK offsets, it actually has nothing to do with WORK coordinates at all.
    If you want to retain WORK offsets or should say not lose them then just save them to the fixture offsets G54,55 etc. This way you can have many saved WORK offsets and all your actually doing when setting WORK zero is referencing the G54 fixture OFFSET in relation to MACHINE Zero. G54 tends to be the default for most controllers but can be any OFFSET you like.!

Sorry - misread the clarification of the question.

thanks I will give it a try
    cheers glen

Dear Fastpart,
    I would be interested in the type of machine you converted (for my basement, or our fablab). Could you please contact me: bernt at splashelec dot com? I think you did the conversion the right way.
    Best regards,
    Bernt

hi my machine is for sale on ebay £1650 this is a very good price as the conversion parts were over £800 alone
    cheers glen

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information