. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I bought one of these stoves a few years ago and it's been great and still going strong, burns wood and sawdust safely in the workshop and the heat output is huge. I used a piece of single wall flue pipe from the stove then went to double skin stainless as it passed through the roof and out, cowl fitted to top.
    Highly recommended; http://tecnikstoves.co.uk/
    Last edited by EddyCurrent; 09-12-2014 at 09:43 PM.
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

Nice stove. I am living in a static caravan right now and I'm trying to install a wood burner inside. I'm going with one length of single skin and then onto double insulated. How tall did you make your flue?
    CNC routing and prototyping services www.cncscotland.co.uk

ADD ME ON FACEBOOKS

I have an oil filled electric job with the thermostat set as low as it will go and still come on now & again, the first frosty morning has confirmed the worth of insulation and boarding out ;-)

- Nick

I'd love one if those wood burners .... There is a saw mill next door to me and the amount of excess wood is ridiculous ! Never mind the mounds of bags of saw dust ...

But shipping a hunk of steel like that to Africa !!
    Wonder if you can install a heat exchange and run underfloor heating ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by gavztheouch View Post
    Nice stove. I am living in a static caravan right now and I'm trying to install a wood burner inside. I'm going with one length of single skin and then onto double insulated. How tall did you make your flue?
    3 metres + height of stove + cowl. It could do with another 1/2 metre though just to clear the roof ridge.
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

Eddy ...

fancy doing a rough sketch of a burner ? :D

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrat View Post
    Eddy ...

fancy doing a rough sketch of a burner ? :D
    I could but it would be improper, I will though give this link for a similar but more expensive stove that describes the things you need to know; http://www.workshopstoves.co.uk/Oakf...shop-stove.asp
    It talks about a tube that goes nearly to the bottom of the fire so that intake air comes in at the bottom and blows up through the fuel to the chimney. The flap at the top of this tube is the 'throttle'
    Last edited by EddyCurrent; 11-12-2014 at 10:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EddyCurrent View Post
    3 metres + height of stove + cowl. It could do with another 1/2 metre though just to clear the roof ridge.
    Great I have 3m of flue so I should be ok. I think the recommend minimum on any stove is over 4m.
    CNC routing and prototyping services www.cncscotland.co.uk

ADD ME ON FACEBOOKS

Also it's a 5" pipe and the 'draw' is strong so that I have to run it on 1/2 throttle otherwise it would melt.

im just interested in how it burns the sawdust .... as that link you sent mentions, the stove can overheat if the sawdust isnt compressed first ..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information