. .
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roberts View Post
    That one:

Looking forward to seeing how this machine performs Mike, it's very similar to mine.

Thanks Lee - relative tramming!
    Last edited by MikeyC38; 08-11-2016 at 09:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyC38 View Post
    Thanks Lee - relative tramming!
    Assuming your going to be laying the glass on the bed, placing indicator base on this, then rasing and lowering the Z, adjusting the spindle as you travel to keep "0" ?
    .Me

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roberts View Post
    Assuming your going to be laying the glass on the bed, placing indicator base on this, then rasing and lowering the Z, adjusting the spindle as you travel to keep "0" ?
    yes. Swinging the dial indicator left and right 180 degrees in the "Y axis" (short axis) direction, then front and back 180 degrees in the "X axis" (long axis) direction.

Hi everyone

Finally done the first cuts with the machine! I have a video posted on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvKm...ature=youtu.be which shows the baseboard being levelled. I'm using a 1 1/8" (29mm) diameter bottom clearing bit @12000 rpm and 3000 mm/min feed and first pass at 0.75mm and finishing pass at 0.25mm

I did'nt realise how much dust would be created, so the next job will be the creation of a dustboot for the spindle and a cyclone filter system. I initially used my trusty Aldi ash can filter, but it soon got clogged up with the fine MDF dust. It will work better behind a cyclone system.

Also, I hooked up the Huanyang VFD to Mach3 using the VFD plugin by Sebastien here
    This worked first time, but when I tried cutting in anger I got and e-stop near the end of the first cut, so had to abandon it and set the spindle by hand. I'm sure the problem is due to some electrical noise somewhere so need to add an EMI filter to the VFD and earth the shield on the RS485 connection to PC running Mach3

Overall really pleased, but still spending money on this.

Thanks to all you have advised me over the years (Jazz, Jonathan, John, Lee and others) and those who have encouraged me in the build (routercnc, kingcreaky, clive s and others) . If I've missed you off the list - i'm sorry - your help has been appreciated! - I'll have more to show in the coming weeks

Regards

Mike
    Last edited by MikeyC38; 30-12-2016 at 02:56 AM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MikeyC38 For This Useful Post:

😁 nice one Mike, always good seeing the first chips (or dust in your case!!!) from a machine...looking forward to seeing more. You do know that you'll be constantly doing more bits to it don't you? I've just made an ali corner finder to go with my touch plates, next is dust shoe mk2 then a better mist/fog nozzle system, then web cam in dust shoe....it goes on 😁

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
    Neil...

Build log...here

7. The Following User Says Thank You to njhussey For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by njhussey View Post
    then web cam in dust shoe....it goes on ��
    Poser.!!. . .

Well done Mikey know it's been long slog but you done it correctly and you'll soon start reaping the bennifits. (go easy on DOC else you'll be replacing beds every other week.!)

Regards the false E-stop have you Earthed the Machine Frame.?
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 30-12-2016 at 09:36 AM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

Hi Jazz

Yes it has been a long slog as you and I well remember! Thanks for the tip on earthing the machine. Should I earth it to the star earth I have in the control box (all shielded cables from machine to control box star earthed) or run it back to the mains earth?

Regards
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by njhussey View Post
    �� nice one Mike, always good seeing the first chips (or dust in your case!!!) from a machine...looking forward to seeing more. You do know that you'll be constantly doing more bits to it don't you? I've just made an ali corner finder to go with my touch plates, next is dust shoe mk2 then a better mist/fog nozzle system, then web cam in dust shoe....it goes on ��

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
    Thanks Neil. Ideally I would like to get the proximity homing switches working so that I can get tool changes consistent and touch plates. These items improve productivity.

Cheers - Mike

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyC38 View Post
    Should I earth it to the star earth I have in the control box (all shielded cables from machine to control box star earthed)
    Yes to the Star point.

Thanks Jazz I'll try that first before getting the EMI filter

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information