. .
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    I have another video here on youtube showing the re-levelling of the base board but this time with the dust hood fitted and showing the use of cyclone filter. I have an old (2kw) Vax 2000 which does the job perfectly. A big difference compared to a year ago when I first levelled the base board (see here)

I've got the same set up (but with a CamVac instead of a Vax) and the cam vac only ever gets anything in it if the cyclone is full

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
    Neil...

Build log...here

Thanks Neil - I'll replace the Vax at some stage after I've used the machine a bit more. Right now stuck with having to do house diy prepping for my daughter's wedding. After that's done then back to CNC to finally do the following:

1. Get NPN Homing switches working..
    2. Wire VFD into safety switch system. I've read somewhere that you should'nt cut the power to the VFD by switching the mains off but by send a stop signal to the VFD. Currently using Modbus-type communication plugin on Hunyang VFD for stop, start and speed control.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyC38 View Post
    Thanks Neil - I'll replace the Vax at some stage after I've used the machine a bit more. Right now stuck with having to do house diy prepping for my daughter's wedding. After that's done then back to CNC to finally do the following:

1. Get NPN Homing switches working..
    2. Wire VFD into safety switch system. I've read somewhere that you should'nt cut the power to the VFD by switching the mains off but by send a stop signal to the VFD. Currently using Modbus-type communication plugin on Hunyang VFD for stop, start and speed control.

My wife was watching the Royal wedding recently and there was a comparison made to the dress worn on the previous Royal wedding. She said the other dress was much better and asked my opinion. ‘They are all great- just variations on a theme’. Apparently this was not the right answer.

2) Yes, send stop signal to the VFD. My understanding is that the spindle will spool down and the back EMF could damage it if power is removed. You can use a delay timer if you really want to cut power after a second or two. But for home DIY machines this is not commonly done.
    Last edited by routercnc; 16-06-2018 at 09:28 AM.
    Building a CNC machine to make a better one since 2010 . . .
    MK1 (1st photo), MK2, MK3, MK4

Quote Originally Posted by routercnc View Post
    My wife was watching the Royal wedding recently and there was a comparison made to the dress worn on the previous Royal wedding. She said the other dress was much better and asked my opinion. ‘They are all great- just variations on a theme’. Apparently this was not the right answer.

2) Yes, send stop signal to the VFD. My understanding is that the spindle will spool down and the back EMF could damage it if power is removed. You can use a delay timer if you really want to cut power after a second or two. But for home DIY machines this is not commonly done.
    I agree with you on item 1 - That's why I have never bought clothes for my wife - I give her the money to make her own choice because whatever I chose it would still be wrong!

Regarding item 2 I have'nt got any ideas at the moment how to do this so will look through the forum for some ideas. My initial thoughts was to do something through the 0-10v input but as my VFD is using Modbus then this might not work..

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread Information