. .
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Aluminium cuts on my bandsaw just as easy as hard wood, it's no problem to work with in that respect, it goes a bit like chewing gum when you start machining it though, at least the way I machine it
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

Lives in Leicester, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 27-10-2016 Has been a member for 6-7 years. Has a total post count of 19.
    Quote Originally Posted by EddyCurrent View Post
    Aluminium cuts on my bandsaw just as easy as hard wood, it's no problem to work with in that respect, it goes a bit like chewing gum when you start machining it though, at least the way I machine it
    LOL..

Yer we do have the kit to cut Ali no problems. Unless bolting this stiff together is good enough then its the welding and joining that going to be the problem.
    Last edited by GoBo; 18-12-2014 at 11:03 AM.

I can't imagine you would need to weld the aluminium but that's no bother too, take a look at these;

http://www.chronos.ltd.uk/engineerin...-from-chronos/

Watch the video here; https://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/p...rter-kit#video
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

gobo why not just go the steel route,i could lend you a 210 amp stick welder and auto mask..im local so could drop it off and get you started welding bits within minutes
    you wont need to be a coded welder to make a table.im not great at it but managed to make this with the same welder.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fixed gantry.jpg 
Views:	568 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	14113

Lives in Leicester, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 27-10-2016 Has been a member for 6-7 years. Has a total post count of 19.
    Ahhhhh.. that seems easy enough... he says...

Quote Originally Posted by deisel View Post
    gobo why not just go the steel route,i could lend you a 210 amp stick welder and auto mask..im local so could drop it off and get you started welding bits within minutes
    you wont need to be a coded welder to make a table.im not great at it but managed to make this with the same welder.
    Wow, thanks for the offer. I may just take you up on that some time. I think thats just a little beyond me at present.

Your machine looks great BTW! What do you cut?

Quote Originally Posted by GoBo View Post
    What do you cut?
    thanks, just plastics and aluminium.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information