. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hi all, I hope this is in the right area. I need to picture below converting to DXF / Gcode. I'm a little lost ! Are there any kind chaps out there willing to do this for me for me please.

I would be grateful if someone could help, thank you.

Thank you very much

Carl

Last edited by Gasgasbones; 18-12-2014 at 04:38 PM.

Download Draftsight, it's free (plenty of other free drawing programs out there) insert the image as a reference image and draw over it on a different layer. Scale it to the correct dimensions and it's a dxf...
    Neil...

Build log...here

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 15 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasgasbones View Post
    Hi all, I hope this is in the right area. I need to picture below converting to DXF / Gcode
    I would remove your email address from the post and ask to be contacted by PM to stop spam. Clive

Thanks Neil, which DFX should I save it to, there seems to be a load of options !

I save them as 2013, only really matters if you're sending to someone else who can't open 2013 files...
    Neil...

Build log...here

Carl, try this, used Inkscape to vectorize it then CamBam to clean up a few bits.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by EddyCurrent; 18-12-2014 at 06:00 PM.
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

G
    Quote Originally Posted by EddyCurrent View Post
    Carl, try this, used Inkscape to vectorize it then CamBam to clean up a few bits.
    Hi Eddie

Thank you, that works a treat.

Ill take a look at those programs as well as Draftsite.

Carl

Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

Cheers.

First attempt. I will need to fiddle about with some settings and get a smaller engraving cutter as its cutting into some other lines, That's not a problem though.

Cheers Again

carl

Maybe use a V cutter and don't cut so deep
    Last edited by EddyCurrent; 18-12-2014 at 10:53 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information