. .
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Jconway, I think the best way to mount the leadscrew ball nut is to drop off the apron completely and replace it with a fabricated bracket. It just seems too fiddly to adapt the Myford apron design.

Ah yeah, hadn't even considered that, yeah seems like a reasonable way to go about it especially since the handwheel assembly becomes redundant when the ball screw is installed.

Though I am thinking of adding an MPG to the bracket when I do this to give a "virtual handwheel" to drive the Z axis in the place where one naturally expects it - possibly also one for the X axis too.

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 12 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnHaine View Post
    Though I am thinking of adding an MPG to the bracket when I do this to give a "virtual handwheel" to drive the Z axis in the place where one naturally expects it - possibly also one for the X axis too.
    Nice idea. I am watching this with interest ..Clive

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information