. .
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kingcreaky View Post
    Nobody has pointed out any faults?? I was expecting a wooping.... this is only techically mk1... mk2 Il learn from the mistakes on this one.
    Where would you like me to begin!. . . . . . Only Joking mate for it's intended purpose of chomping ply it will be fine.!

As your about to findout going vertical is great but there's a few areas that need protecting and designing around.

Z axis one area as the crap will settle on the top edge and build up so make a cover or angled guard.
    Also in your case using rotating nuts at top then crap will also fall into the bearing housing so cover that ASAP.

With lower bearings then you (know whats coming here) throw the crap away and get the real thing.! (thou that will test how accurate the frame is.!!)
    For catching and moving crap Make an angled slide that extends from bed to just below gantry then crap falls over the rails not onto them. Put a wiper on edge and it will wipe the gantry plates.

I would have have put a slight angle on the machine rather than being 90deg as it helps with holding work and stops large sheets or pieces faling forward.

Keep up the good work but slow down a little rushing abart will kill ya.!!. . .
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 21-01-2015 at 10:43 AM.

Just like the last build, a very useful source of information and techniques. Probably learnt more from your last two builds than 90% of the other builds on here.

i bet you spend half your time beating off people wanting builds done especially in those sorts of timescales.

thanks for the time that you have taken to provide REAL information and show what is possible if you do not get bogged down with techno crap.

earle

Quote Originally Posted by Earle View Post
    Just like the last build, a very useful source of information and techniques. Probably learnt more from your last two builds than 90% of the other builds on here.

i bet you spend half your time beating off people wanting builds done especially in those sorts of timescales.

thanks for the time that you have taken to provide REAL information and show what is possible if you do not get bogged down with techno crap.

earle

The time and thought you invest in a machine=the result you can expect. If you are happy with that...
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

Quote Originally Posted by silyavski View Post
    The time and thought you invest in a machine=the result you can expect. If you are happy with that...
    KC, you outlined at the begining what you expected of this machine, and I am sure that it will perform exactly as you wanted. I think that you invested wisely with your time and thought, and that you should have every reason to be happy with that!!! Well done again. G.

Who's that having a dig at Silyavski?
    Neil...

Build log...here

Well, I am sorry but I thought it was a bit snide ..Clive

Chill Out Dudes! I don't think Sylyavski is having a dig at anyone. Please remember that not everyone's brain is limited to a single language! I would guess that Sylyavski may well be proficient in THREE so please cut him a bit of slack if he doesn't have the infinitesimal grasp of both the language and culture that some might anally expect from a native Brit!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AndyGuid For This Useful Post:

cant make sense of the last few posts; maybe some have been deleted or something? I read silyavski's post earlier and gathered there was a sense of humour barrier through translation, but didnt take offense.

I had a similar experience the other year in australia (but thats a different story!!)

either way; im far to easy going to read to much into these things. All of us choose to post on here; the reason in which we do it is to gather feedback from likeminded others that we cant necessarily get from our local friendbase... we cant expect them all to be complimentary...regardless of the intentions sinister of not silyavski makes a good inspiring point..

"Productive" time spent on anything is directly relative to what you end up with (except women) which is probably the opposite!

I just have a bit of an obsessive personality and as such I cant leave something alone until its done. Something I need to learn from maybe.

The machine was made with primative DIY equipment; a stick welder, a cordless drill, a bandsaw, a pillar drill and a pencil. I have a full-time job, children and a wife. Its no milling machine but it does the job it was intended for; There are things I would do differently if I made another.

One point I would like to make, without upsetting anybody is to ask you all to put yourself in the shoes of somebody who hits this place with no engineering background... some of the builds on here, some of the posts, some of the equations in some of the build logs, some of the responses we make to hello posts... must seem so intimidating and out of reach of most of our newcomers, perhaps a build like mine seem more appealing.. because they are in the grasp of a home hobbiest with the tools that most have.

beer O'clock in leciester...

Well reading your first build certainly got me off the ground so thanks.

beer O'clock here too, new Guinness Porter actually.
    Last edited by EddyCurrent; 22-01-2015 at 06:42 PM.
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

I hear what you are saying... I'm just pleased to see someone applying some common sense knowledge and experience, to produce a useable machine in a very short timescale. These are my views if people disagree then whatever.

Personally I think that kingcreaky is quite an inspiration.

earle

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information