. .

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kingcreaky View Post
    Nobody has pointed out any faults?? I was expecting a wooping.... this is only techically mk1... mk2 Il learn from the mistakes on this one.
    Where would you like me to begin!. . . . . . Only Joking mate for it's intended purpose of chomping ply it will be fine.!

As your about to findout going vertical is great but there's a few areas that need protecting and designing around.

Z axis one area as the crap will settle on the top edge and build up so make a cover or angled guard.
    Also in your case using rotating nuts at top then crap will also fall into the bearing housing so cover that ASAP.

With lower bearings then you (know whats coming here) throw the crap away and get the real thing.! (thou that will test how accurate the frame is.!!)
    For catching and moving crap Make an angled slide that extends from bed to just below gantry then crap falls over the rails not onto them. Put a wiper on edge and it will wipe the gantry plates.

I would have have put a slight angle on the machine rather than being 90deg as it helps with holding work and stops large sheets or pieces faling forward.

Keep up the good work but slow down a little rushing abart will kill ya.!!. . .
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 21-01-2015 at 10:43 AM.

Thread Information