. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Had a bad Christmas Jazz? :0)

Before this gets really catty would it not be an idea to turn it in to something more positive and usefull like a standard design for a 2.2kw router? Yes I know work size will affect slight sizing but most common size could be used?

Ive been on and off this forum for about 5 years and the same questions and basic mistakes are made time and time again. My pet hate is poor bracing layout and over sized bracing, nearly every initial frame design the same comments have to be made.

Rather then keep on about it I think it would be better to do a little Guide that that everyone can added to, to make it a varied and trustworth source rather than one persons opinion.

Its it more the projects that become large due to "advice" or when large projects are proposed from the outset?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ross77 For This Useful Post:

Well said Clive In the end most of us are building and using these machines for pure entertainment value whether its a little 6"x 6" mdf router with old hard drive steppers or a 3x2m monstrosity, as long as everyone is having fun doing it, all is good. As soon as I have finished this ice cold beer you subtly suggested I'll be back in the shed to continue bolting the battlestar galaxtica together and I sure as hell hope I don't discourage anybody else to pursue there cnc dreams by doing so :-)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mitchejc For This Useful Post:

Epoxy leveling is a waste of money and time, unless your trying to correct defects in the frame build levels. Your machine levels will move even if it's bolted to your workshop floor and the levels you had yesterday are different today and will be different again tomorrow !

WHY because the ground your workshop is built on is moving very slightly up and down all the time, water levels (hydrogeology) cause the ground to swell and shrink several times per day, the temperature inside and out will contact and expand all materials very slightly so what was once level may never be level ever again.

So unless you need to correct any flaws with frame build levels don't waste your money. Buy yourself a beer and sit and watch the room moving or was that the beer that caused it to move.

All the best to everyone for 2015

So unless you need to correct any flaws with frame build levels don't waste your money. Buy yourself a beer and sit and watch the room moving or was that the beer that caused it to move.

All the best to everyone for 2015
    I had that problem the other night, you are correct how do you know if its the room or the beer would that be a G90 or a G91 move? ..Clive

Quote Originally Posted by longy View Post
    Epoxy leveling is a waste of money and time, unless your trying to correct defects in the frame build levels.
    But that's exactly why people use epoxy. Not all of us can build machines without defects in frame build levels (or warps, twists, or other inaccuracies).

+1 that's what I've used it for. I couldn't machine the rails flat so wanted a method that i could do the diy way...epoxy was the best way for me.
    Neil...

Build log...here

Removed has to Reply in anger means to repent at leisure.!!

HAPPY XMAS and NEW YEAR to ALL.!
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 30-12-2014 at 03:06 AM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

Sorry you have a bad time Jazz. Look none of my comments have been meant as an attack on you. Whilst forums are really good at helping they are not the best form of communication and a simple difference of opinion can be taken out of context.

I work in design office and we always bounce ideas and comments off each other and the value is working as a team, sometimes my ideas are good and sometimes another persons is better. I don't take it personally its just how it is.

Happy to post up some ideas like i always have when I have the time to be on here.

I really don't want to fall out with people on here and if I do have a difference of opinion then I will give a justification for it and not just say that's "shite". I also only comment on the structural elements that I'm confident advising on. It is also just a difference of opinion and not a personal attack and I think that's the main point and the more opinions the person asking the questions gets then the more helpful it is.

Anyway all the best and hope you can help me out with the bits im not so sure about.

Cheers
    Ross

Quote Originally Posted by Ross77 View Post
    Whilst forums are really good at helping they are not the best form of communication and a simple difference of opinion can be taken out of context.
    Actually you are taking about how you could provide better ministration for the forum members and that is great.
    You and the the available data here give huge help for 1st time and advanced builders and you do it magnanimously.
    As human beings, we all have our own values, beliefs and attitudes and personally I do not mind both gentle and tougher comments.
    Sometime a virtual slap comes in handy to halt i.e the
    l'art pour l'art design as I did myself.
    Regarding to the receivers no one should use only the paste command in design and devolve the responsibility of the result.
    All of us have to have common sense to make wise decisions and spent our money usefully.
    So this is an exciting great forum and happy to have found here.
    So keep your good habit and

Happy New Year to all.

PS: these girls do not prevaricate
    Last edited by vargai; 31-12-2014 at 07:28 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to vargai For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information