. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Our "new" Workshop with a few of the bits of kit in..plus coffee mugs and hidden just out of sight the packet of Digestives.. (Since been scoffed)

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bench end.jpg 
Views:	1407 
Size:	195.9 KB 
ID:	13654   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Machinery.jpg 
Views:	1437 
Size:	167.7 KB 
ID:	13655  
    If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem !

That's an expensive bench for a drill press.!! . . . . Should be covered in dust by now . . .Lol

LOL!

I agree....so it bloodywell is !

First "Production" cut... a little too much spacing around the items, but that's been re-arranged. The drill press (Only used for simple stuff) is now on its own bench alongside the cutting bench...Early days but I *WIL* make this venture work...

Did a cut last evening of sea animal shapes. Added 2 extra toggle clamps. Now have one for each corner so the board stays flatter with downcut end mills, was halfway through the profiles with my wife Kay gently chasing the cutter with a Henry vac so she could see the shapes being cut (I still not got confidence to leave it alone to its own devices) and the clamp I fitted last was in the line of fire !.

Lovely screeching noise... she panicked... I was on the loo about 30 yards away and *Still* I made it to the machine as it stopped.

Feed fuse at the "Kettle" plug socket had blown (Thankfully) so up and running again after moving the errant clamp.

Note to self.... Double check clamp locations to cut areas and teach operator to stop machine....

<<<< Wander off to buy emergency stop button with huuuuuuuuuuge mushroom top

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    That's an expensive bench for a drill press.!! . . . . Should be covered in dust by now . . .Lol

Name:	IMG_3070.jpg 
Views:	1036 
Size:	285.1 KB 
ID:	13656  

Quote Originally Posted by Nthkentman View Post
    <<<< Wander off to buy emergency stop button with huuuuuuuuuuge mushroom top
    At least one OH SHITE button is the first thing that should go on any machine. Buy 4 one for each side cos you can bet your last shilling when OH SHITE comes your at wrong side and it's all done and dusted by the time you vault to the OH SHITE button.!! . . . . . . . Then it's F@~k- - - B@~?!rd - - -- F@~k- - - B@~?!rd. .

5. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

6. That's a really sound idea. I've just started fitting out my workshop but after seeing some of the gear I think I might be a little embarrassed now (you can only fit so much into a garage space)...

You can fit lots into a garage space - just forget things like cars, freezers washing machines etc. G.

Quote Originally Posted by GEOFFREY View Post
    You can fit lots into a garage space - just forget things like cars, freezers washing machines etc. G.
    Or just extend garage space into the house.!! . . . All you need do is get rid things like Women. . .Lol
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 19-01-2015 at 09:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    At least one OH SHITE button is the first thing that should go on any machine. Buy 4 one for each side cos you can bet your last shilling when OH SHITE comes your at wrong side and it's all done and dusted by the time you vault to the OH SHITE button.!! . . . . . . . Then it's F@~k- - - B@~?!rd - - -- F@~k- - - B@~?!rd. .
    JAZZCNC I've been thinking of having a run of surrounds made to go with the E-Sops I sell what do you think would other cnc users buy them ?

Name:	HO-SHIT_STOP.jpg 
Views:	919 
Size:	55.0 KB 
ID:	14473  

10. The Following User Says Thank You to longy For This Useful Post:

I like the idea of the surrounds but maybe make it bigger so there's space for a more appropriate message like
    'Too late now but STOP anyway'

I like that idea..... The unit next to mine is a sign writer working in vinyl.... I might get him to knock one up for mine so "Her Indoors" can clump it while she's watching the machine work if anything goes wrong LOL!

I did have another spindle/clamp interface the other day, but as it only just kissed the clamp I let it run on........complete with lovely sparks and everyfink !!!
    The spindle gained a little play for a while in the bottom bearing, then magically seated itself back to whence it came and all's well...

Quote Originally Posted by longy View Post
    JAZZCNC I've been thinking of having a run of surrounds made to go with the E-Sops I sell what do you think would other cnc users buy them ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information